Board of Directors
- 1 OSGeo Foundation Board of Directors
- 2 Board Activities and Meetings
- 3 Working Groups
- 4 Planning
- 4.1 2019 Planning
- 4.2 2018 Planning
- 4.3 2017 Planning
- 4.4 2016 Planning
- 4.5 2013 Planning
- 5 Reference
OSGeo Foundation Board of Directors
Period: November 2018 - October 2020
- Victoria Rautenbach - Pretoria, South Africa, (South Africa Standard Time UTC+2)
- Michael Smith - Hanover, New Hampshire, USA (Eastern Time UTC -5h) Treasurer
- Angelos Tzotsos - Athens, Greece (Central European Time UTC +2h) Vice-President
- Tom Kralidis - Toronto, Canada (Eastern Time UTC -5h)
Period: November 2017 - October 2019
- María Arias de Reyna- Sevilla, Spain (Central European Time Zone UTC +1h) President
- Astrid Emde - Cologne, Germany (Central European Time Zone UTC +1h) Secretary
- Helena Mitasova - Raleigh, USA (Eastern Time UTC -5h) Vice-President
- Jeff McKenna -Lunenburg, Canada (Atlantic Time Zone UTC -4h) Vice-President
- Jody Garnett - Victoria, Canada (Pacific Time UTC -8h) Chair of the Board
More detailed information is available in the Board Member Profiles.
Board Activities and Meetings
The board is using Loomio to track motions and facilitate voting (see Board Voting Procedure):
The board is an issue tracker for actions:
In general the OSGeo board meets on IRC the last Monday of the month from 16.00 UTC
Upcoming board meetings:
- IRC Meeting
- Internet Rely Chat meetings are held on FreeNode OSGeo channe], please note that due to spam you are now required to register with the FreeNode "NickServ" bot to verify your identity prior to posting messages on IRC. The FreeNode OSGeo channel is logged providing a great record of IRC meetings.
- Face to Face Meeting
- board will get together in person and work through discussions and tasks that are not easily handled in a 1 hour IRC meeting or via e-mail. For face to face meetings travel costs will be covered by the foundation.
- recommend November meeting of new board
- Video call
- board will get together for a video call and work through discussions and tasks that are not easily handled in 1 hour IRC meeting or via e-mail. May also consist of an informal "work party" of board members and officers to work on tasks and collaboration not easily handled in IRC meeting / email.
- Board_Meeting_2019-10-28 at 16:30 UTC Meeting with CRO, review nominations and establish new charter members (see Election_2019)
- Member meeting
- board meeting with OSGeo members at OSGeo events providing a chance to listen and discuss our community. May also consist of informal "party" to celebrate our community, members, and what we accomplish together
- none scheduled
- Board_Meeting_2019-09-30 at 16:00 UTC
- Board_Meeting_2019-09-09 at 16:00 UTC breakout meeting to appoint CRO for 2019 elections
- Board Meeting_2019-08-24 24.-25.8.2019 two days face to face meeting, prior to foss4g conference.
- Board_Meeting_2019-07-29 at 16:00 UTC
- Board_Meeting_2019-06-24 at 16:00 UTC
- Board Meeting_2019-05-27 at 16:00 UTC
- Board Meeting_2019-04-29 at 16:00 UTC
- Board Meeting_2019-03-25 14:00 UTC (4 hour video f2v session scheduled)
- Board Meeting_2019-02-26 16:00 UTC
- Budget Meeting 2019-02-01 at 15:00 - 16:00 UTC budget breakout meeting on meet.jit.si/osgeo chat.
- Board Meeting_2019-01-21 at 16:00 UTC
- Board_Meeting_2018-12-20 20.00 - 22:00 UTC Draft Budget
- Board_Meeting_2018-12-17 19.00 - 21:00 UTC initial board monthly meting, focus on "on boarding"
- Board_Meeting_2018-11-07 16.00 UTC
- Board_Meeting_2018-10-13 16.00 UTC
- Board_Meeting_2018-09-08 15.00 UTC
- Face to Face Meeting Dar es Salaam 2018 31. August 2018 Dar 19:00-21:00 (would mean 16 UTC as Dar is UTC+3)
- Member Meeting FOSS4G 2018 2018 August 28th evening (Dar Es Salaam, Tansania)
- Board_Meeting_2018-08-01 15.00 UTC
- Member Meeting FOSS4G-Europe 2018 2018 July 19th at 18:00 in FOSS4G-Europe Hostel (Pousada da Juventude de Guimarães)
- Board_Meeting_2018-07-05 16.00 UTC
- Board_Meeting_2018-06-06 16.00 UTC
- Member Meeting FOSS4GNA 2018 May 14th in St. Louis, Missouri during FOSS4G North America 2018
- Board_Meeting_2018-05-01 16.00 UTC
- Board Meeting 2018-04-11 16.00 UTC
- Board Meeting 2018-04-05 15.00 UTC - canceled lack of attendance
- Member Meeting Bonn 2018 2018 March 19th at 18:00 in Bonn BaseCamp during OSGeo Code Sprint 2018
- Face to Face Meeting Bonn 2018 17.-18. March 2018
- Board Meeting 2018-03-01 15.00 UTC
- Board Meeting 2018-02-01 14.00 UTC
- Board Meeting 2018-01-17 15.00 UTC Video Call Executive Positions
- Board Meeting 2017-12-23 14.00 UTC Video Call Budget Meeting
- Board Meeting 2017-12-07 14.00 UTC
- Board Meeting 2017-11-21 14.00 UTC
- Board Meeting 2017-11-02 14.00 UTC
- Board Meeting 2017-10-05 14.00 UTC
- Board Meeting 2017-09-07 14.00 UTC
- Board Meeting 2017-05-11 14.00 UTC
- Board Meeting 2017-04-12 14.00 UTC
- Board Meeting 2017-03-02 14.00 UTC
- Board Meeting 2017-02-02 14.00 UTC
- Board Meeting 2017-01-05 14.00 UTC
While the board is focused on decision making occasionally there is a call for action. The following working groups are focused on accomplishing a specific 2-3 week objective and will report back to the board list when completed. This is in contrast to long term activities handled by committees.
2018 Working Groups
- none at present
2015 Working Groups
- 2015 Sponsorship Drive Working Group - contact prior sponsors, blog post inviting new sponsors
- GeoForAll OSGeo Relationship: Revised Education Committee mandate pending clarification of relationship with Geo4All advisory board (our GeoForAll representatives are Venkatesh Raghavan and Jeff McKenna)
Operational Budget for 2019
The board is dividing this years budget up by committee, initiative and project!
Operational Budget for 2018
The board is dividing this years budget up by committee, initiative and project!
Sponsorship Opportunities for 2018
OSGeo maintains a sponsorship program recognizing financial contributions to our projects, initiatives and events.
Operational Budget for 2017
The board is dividing this years budget up by committee:
Sponsorship Opportunities for 2017
The foundation recognizes sponsors who financially support our events, initiatives and open source projects.
Operational Budget for 2016
Thanks to our sponsors, and a series of successful events, OSGeo does has an operational budget for 2016.
The Board has divided the above budget up according to our priority as an organization. Please keep in mind that prior boards have taken this approach - and spent nothing due to lack of volunteers willing to lead the charge. The following is budget and does not provide a commitment to spend money on the actives listed - to do that we need your commitment as a volunteer!
Strategic Plan 2016
From Anne: See the parallel Skate-Boarding of Fedora at http://fedoramagazine.org/lets-talk-about-fedora-project-objectives/ - I really like the idea of having 18 months goals, that are measurable, backed up by community agreement. Let's discuss this at the first Sprint. There are also some thoughts on Ubuntu governance that can inspire us, but I haven't gone through the whole discussion yet, and there are many differences between OSGeo and Ubuntu; so I'm not sure on how much we can learn from it.
Strategic objectives for 2016:
- S01: showcasing excellence in our communities
- S02: proactively engage with external partners
- S03: Fostering our mission, vision and goals
- S04: Empowering our communities and extending our reach
These objectives were taken to the community for concrete / measurable actions volunteers were interested in tackling over the course of 2016.
Update: We did not receive enough feedback to form a strategic plan.
- OSGeo Board : Board Priorities 2013 - establish OSGeo as a low capital, volunteer focused organization focused supporting communities and initiatives which support themselves
- Please see foundation bylaws for official responsibilities
- Arnulf Christl's OSGeo Director Retrospective. Arnulf was an OSGeo Board member and President of OSGeo.
- for incoming Board members OnboardingChecklist
- [OSGeo Financial Guidance]
- Executive Positions and Director Responsibilities
- Board Election Procedure
- Election 2019
- Election 2018: Board_Election_2018_Results Election 2018 Candidate Manifestos
- Election 2017: Board_Election_2017_Results Election 2017 Candidate Manifestos
- Election 2016: Board_Election_2016_Results Election 2016 Candidate Manifestos
- Election 2015: Board_Election_2015_Results Election 2015 Candidate Manifestos
- Election 2014: Board Election 2014 Results
- Election 2013: Board Election 2013 Results
- Election 2012: Board Election 2012 Results
- Election 2011: Board Election 2011 Results
- Election 2010: Board Election 2010 Results
- Election 2009: Board Election 2009, see 2009 section of Proposed Board Election Procedure
- Election 2008: Board Election 2008, see 2008 section of Proposed Board Election Procedure
- Election 2007: Board Election 2007, see 2007 section of Proposed Board Election Procedure
- Foundation Sponsorship (adopted), Project Sponsorship (adopted), Local Chapter Sponsorship (idea)
- Conflict Of Interest Policy
The http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/board mailing list is used for most public board discussions. There is also a private board mailing list used only for matters that are considered needful to be kept private.
History of OSGeo Foundation Boards of Directors
- Board of Directors 2018 (Nov. 2018 - Oct. 2019)
- Board of Directors 2017 (Nov. 2017 - Oct. 2018)
- Board of Directors 2016 (Aug. 2016 - Aug. 2017)
- Board of Directors 2015 (Aug. 2015 - Aug. 2016)
- Board of Directors 2014 (Aug. 2014 - Aug. 2015)
- Board of Directors 2013 (Aug. 2013 - Aug. 2014)
- Board of Directors 2012 (Aug. 2012 - Aug. 2013)
- Board of Directors 2011 (Aug. 2011 - Aug. 2012)
- Board of Directors 2010 (Aug. 2010 - Aug. 2011)
- Board of Directors 2009 (Sept. 2009 - Aug. 2010)
- Board of Directors 2008 (July 2008 - Sept. 2009)
- Board of Directors 2007 (Aug. 2007 - July 2008)
- Interim Board of Directors 2006 (Feb. 2006 - July 2007)
An interim Board of Directors with 5 members was elected on February 4th, 2006, by the initial members of the Open Source Geospatial Foundation. On March 18th, 2006, the board has been completed to now total nine members: