British Columbia Chapter Meeting 2010-07-27
This page provides information on a regular scheduled meeting of the OSGeo BC Local Chapter
Location: Sierra Systems Vancouver 1177 West Hastings Street, Suite 2500 Room Blackcomb Chair: Martin Kyle Date: Tuesday 27 July 2010 Time: 1800 hrs - 2000 hrs PT
Topic: OSGeo BC Chapter Meeting Date: Tuesday, July 27, 2010 Time: 6:00 pm, Pacific Daylight Time (GMT -07:00, San Francisco ) Meeting Number: TBD Meeting Password: TBD
Webex details TBD
You can contact Martin Kyle or Jason Birch
Hawaiian, plain cheese, meat lovers, vegetarian, add more...
Welcome and Introduction
Confirmed: Martin K.
- Open Source Geospatial Foundation Update - Speaker TBD
- OpenStreetMap Update - Speaker TBD (Sam Vekemans - Across Canada Trails OSM Contributor)
- Open Source Project Success - Speaker TBD
- Open Source Business Requirements - Christy Lightowlers, Population Data BC (http://www.popdata.bc.ca/)
- Population Data BC, a multi-university platform, is BC’s first pan-provincial population health data service. It is a nationally active and recognised data and education resource that facilitates interdisciplinary research and teaching on the determinants of human health, well-being and development
- Christy is the lead of PopData's Spatial Data Unit, whose mission is to increase the capacity of Population Researchers in British Columbia (BC) by facilitating access to spatial data and services tailored to the needs of the research community.
- PopData BC is currently researching FOSS and proprietary software and Christy will be discussing the requirements for a spatial infrastructure in the population health business domain
Call for changes
Post Meeting Activity
Please let the chair know if you can attend (i.e. for the pizza count)...or add your name to the confirmed list above.
Jason Birch (City of Nanaimo, Nanaimo - http://www.jasonbirch.com/nodes/)
Martin Kyle (Sierra Systems, Vancouver)
Michael Weisman (Safe Software, Vancouver)
John Bryant (Mammoth Mapping, Dawson City)
Next Meeting Ideas