Difference between revisions of "CGS 2009"
(moved to Category:Past Events)
|Line 92:||Line 92:|
Revision as of 01:05, 17 January 2010
California Geographical Society
- Event Owner
- Alex Mandel(wildintellect)
- May 1-3, 2009
- Santa Ynez, Ca
- Annual California Geographical Society Conference
We will be tabling for OSGeo at the California Geographical Society annual conference to spread the knowledge of FOSS tools in the local academic culture. This conference has high attendance from the Cal State University and Community College systems. This is our 2nd year in a row, last year was great, CGS 2008
Joe is attending, volunteering at booth.
Paul is attending, volunteering at booth.
Booth hours are 7-4 on Sat, May 2, 2009 This is a guess since we don't know the session schedule yet. I'll double check last years and update the times as needed.
|7-8am Setup||Alex, Michele|
|1pm-3pm||Joe, Paul, Alex|
|4pm Cleanup||Alex, Michele|
Sessions & Talks
- Alex Mandel - Spatialite: a new geospatial format and analysis tool
- 8am 1B. Graduate Papers – Room S2
- Michele Tobias - Beach Builders: California Beach Plants as Potential Biogeomorphic Agents (Using Grass, R & QGIS)
- 2:30pm, 5B. Graduate Papers – Room S2
|Banner||$0||Use California Chapter Exhibition Pack|
|Table Skirt||$0||Use California Chapter Exhibition Pack|
|Handouts||$0||Leftovers from AAG 2009|
|Booth||$75||Need to contact for price, and to book by April 15th.|
|Live CD or Software||$?||Maybe some volunteer copied if it's up to par.|
|T-shirts/hats||$0||For tablers, sent by Tyler|
|Demo Machines||Persnoal||Running Live GIS Disc|