The OSGeo Journal is an international journal with content and production by volunteers. English is not the first language of all contributors. Even for those who write English as a first language, it is from Canada, USA, Australian, New Zealand, UK, and other various locations with localized differences.
Produce OSGeo Journal Volumes with a professional appearance.
This is the process in use currently. Feel free to revise.
- Wait until the Journal has been assembled and is in near beta form
- Read the Master.pdf checking:
- Consistency of dialect (at least within each article)
- Consistency of layout (headings, orders, colors, sizes, fonts, inclusion of logos/maps, etc)
- Consecutive page numbers
- Correct dates
- Spell check, either source files in Scribus or the pdf in AbiWord
- Make all corrections in source files
- Notify Journal mailing list that the first round of copy editing has been finished along with a report (mainly if there are unresolved issues that need input from original authors or there are corrections that you don't know how to complete in the source files)