From the web site at: http://www.deegree.org
deegree is a Java Framework offering the main building blocks for Spatial Data Infrastructures. Its entire architecture is developed using standards of the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) and ISO/TC 211 (ISO Technical Committee 211 -- Geographic Information/Geomatics).
deegree encompasses OGC Web Services as well as Clients and security components.
deegree is built by a number of participants. lat/lon and the GIS Research Group of the Department of Geography of University of Bonn are responsible for project coordination.
deegree is an Open Source Geospatial Foundation (OSGeo)-Project. It is Free Software protected by the GNU Lesser General Public License (GNU LGPL).
- deegree is frequently spelled wrong. It is written as in "deegree" with four(4) eeee and the first letter is never capitalized (not even at the beginning of a sentence).
- Project page: http://deegree.org/
- Mailing lists:
- Issue tracker: http://wald.intevation.org/tracker/?group_id=27
- Code repository: http://wald.intevation.org/plugins/scmsvn/viewcvs.php/?root=deegree
- Wiki: http://wiki.deegree.org
- IRC: irc://freenode.net#deegree
- OSGeo Info Sheet: http://www.osgeo.org/deegree