Deegree Incubation Status
Revision as of 02:39, 15 October 2009 by MarkusSchneider (→Infrastructure Transition: Fixed link to web presence.)
- Has the project been approved for incubation by the OSGeo board?
- Yes, approved on May 2nd, 2008
- Has an Incubation Mentor been assigned to the project?
- Yes, Jody Garnett
- Has the projectname.osgeo.org domain been populated with the projects web presence?
- Not exactly the URL above, but http://www.deegree.org
- Some technical advice is needed here. Do we need a rewrite or redirect?
- Is the OSGeo bug tracker being used for the project?
- No. A bug tracker is already in use and can be accessed at http://wald.intevation.org/tracker/?atid=212&group_id=27&func=browse
- Is the OSGeo mailing list manager (http://lists.osgeo.org/) being used for the project?
- No. Mailing lists are already set up on sourceforge: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/deegree-announce/ https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/deegree-users/ https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/deegree-devel/
- Is the OSGeo SVN being used for the project?
- No. A SVN is already available at http://wald.intevation.org/projects/deegree/
- Are binary and source downloads available from http://download.osgeo.org ?
- No. Downloads are available from http://www.deegree.org/ -> Download
- Is there a functioning user support mechanisms (ie. mailing list)?
- Support mechanism are available in the form of a user mailing list and a wiki (https://wiki.deegree.org/). The users mailing list (see above) is functioning well for some years already.
- Are source and binary downloads for the package available?
- Yes. Available are packaged jars, source packages and also demo applications (easy to install jar-Archives).
- Has a Project Steering Committee been formed, and given control of the project?
- Yes, there is a PSC. The PSC decides about the major directions of the deegree project, the dates and content of major releases and who the project developers are. The PSC consists to date of: Herman Assink (IDgis), Jens Fitzke (lat/lon), Prof. Dr. Klaus Greve (Bonn University), Dr. Markus Lupp (lat/lon), Dr. Andreas Poth (lat/lon). The PSC can be contacted via psc -- @ -- deegree.org.
- Does the Project Steering Committee have documentation on project procedures for PSC decisions, contributor guidelines, etc.
- There is a draft document in the deegree Wiki, prepared by the PSC.
- How many active developers are there? Are they from multiple organizations?
- There are 19 active developers from multiple organisations. They are listed at http://wald.intevation.org/project/memberlist.php?group_id=27
- Have project documents been updated to reflect membership in the foundation, and the relationship of the project to the foundation?
- A deegree project flyer based on the OSGeo project template is expected to be available by 2009-06-25. This first version will be German language only and be taken to the AGIT trade fair early July. deegree staff will be present at the OSGeo booth.
- Has an effort been made to brand the project web site with OSGeo foundation web styling and branding marks?
- The OSGeo logo was added to http://deegree.org which also explicitly mentions deegree's status as an OSGeo project in incubation.
Code Copyright Review
- Has a Code Provenance Review document been prepared for the project?
- Yes, the current interim report is available in the deegree Wiki.
- Have issues raised in the provenance review been adequately addressed?
- This is still work in progress. Some issues could be resolved already, others are still TBD. Detailed information is included in the above mentioned report.