Deegree Incubation Status
- Has the project been approved for incubation by the OSGeo board?
- Yes, approved on May 2nd, 2008
- Has an Incubation Mentor been assigned to the project?
- Yes, Jody Garnett
- Has the projectname.osgeo.org domain been populated with the projects web presence?
- The deegree website is located at http://www.deegree.org/ -- we have no current plans to transition to osgeo website infrastructure.
- Is the OSGeo bug tracker being used for the project?
- No. A bug tracker is already established and can be accessed at http://wald.intevation.org/tracker/?atid=212&group_id=27&func=browse
- Is the OSGeo mailing list manager (http://lists.osgeo.org/) being used for the project?
- No. Mailing lists are already set up on SourceForge and being used:
- - Announce: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/deegree-announce/
- - Users: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/deegree-users/
- - Developers: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/deegree-devel/
- Is the OSGeo SVN being used for the project?
- No. The project SVN is available at http://svn.wald.intevation.org/svn/deegree/
- Are binary and source downloads available from http://download.osgeo.org ?
- No. Downloads are available at http://www.deegree.org/ -> Download
- Is there a functioning user support mechanisms (ie. mailing list)?
- - A users mailing list (see above) is available and and working well for some years already.
- - An official wiki is available at http://wiki.deegree.org
- - An issue tracker is available at http://wald.intevation.org/tracker/?group_id=27
- - IRC channel (#deegree). Developers and users are mostly online during working hours, CET.
- Are source and binary downloads for the package available?
- Yes. Available are binary packages (jars), source packages as well as pre-packaged demo applications.
- Has a Project Steering Committee been formed, and given control of the project?
- Yes. The PSC decides about the major directions of the deegree project, the dates and content of major releases and who the project developers are. Currently (2009-10-15), the members of the PSC are:
- - Herman Assink (IDgis)
- - Jens Fitzke (lat/lon)
- - Prof. Dr. Klaus Greve (Bonn University)
- - Dr. Markus Lupp (lat/lon)
- - Dr. Andreas Poth (lat/lon)
The PSC can be contacted via psc -- @ -- deegree.org. There is a PSC tracker at http://wald.intevation.org/tracker/?atid=281&group_id=27&func=browse
- Does the Project Steering Committee have documentation on project procedures for PSC decisions, contributor guidelines, etc.
- Yes. See http://wiki.deegree.org/deegreeWiki/StructuresAndProcedures
- How many active developers are there? Are they from multiple organizations?
- There are currently about 20 international active developers from multiple organizations. They are listed at http://wald.intevation.org/project/memberlist.php?group_id=27
- Have project documents been updated to reflect membership in the foundation, and the relationship of the project to the foundation?
- A deegree project flyer based on the OSGeo project template is available in the OSGeo SVN in both English and German:
- Has an effort been made to brand the project web site with OSGeo foundation web styling and branding marks?
- The OSGeo logo was added to http://deegree.org which also explicitly mentions deegree's status as an OSGeo project in incubation.
Code Copyright Review
- Has a Code Provenance Review document been prepared for the project?
- Yes, the report is available on the deegree Wiki.
- Have issues raised in the provenance review been adequately addressed?
- This is still work in progress. Some issues could be resolved already, others are still TBD. Detailed information is included in the above mentioned report.