Eighth VisCom Meeting

From OSGeo
Revision as of 10:16, 28 June 2006 by Mpg (Talk | contribs) (added)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Date and Time

The meeting will be on July 6th, 2006, at 15:00 UTC [worldclock]] (8am PST)

The meeting will take place on IRC at #osgeo and as a conference call:

  • US and Canada: 1-877-696-2384
  • International: (will above work?)
  • id code: 459593
  • Tyler, Frank, Gary, mpg, and Laura all have the moderator secret passcode


Standing Agenda

  1. Rollcall (chair)
  2. New Business (below)
  3. Old Business (below)
  4. Review action items (chair)
  5. Set next meeting date (chair)
  6. Adjourn


New Business

  1. Where 2.0 recap
  2. Upcoming events
  3. OSCON Event Logistics, (July 24-28)
  4. Geoweb - overlap with OSCON ?
  5. FOSS4G
  6. EurOSCON (smaller)
  7. next steps for additional Autodesk/OSGeo Shows
  8. Face-to-Face meeting recap
  9. Newsletter plans
  10. Remove Daniel, add Auke as members of committee
  1. add new items here

Old Business

  1. review of open issues in CollabNet (chair)
  2. (from old TODO list) Operate OSGeo Booth (arnulf)
  3. (from old TODO list) Work on https://visibilitycommittee.osgeo.org contents (arnulf)
  4. (from old TODO list) Organize translation volunteers. (arnulf)
  5. (from old TODO list) prepare Web page contents about "What OSGeo is doing" to attract sponsors. This is related to Fundraising. Then forward this material to WebCom (arnulf?)
  6. (from old TODO list) Setup feedback mechanism for web site. I suppose this ought to be creating artifacts in the bug system, but a feedback email list might be more appropriate. (arnulf?)
  7. (from old TODO list) Recruit more members on discuss list. What skills are most valuable? (arnulf?)
  8. (held over from 3rd mtg) Can we move the Event List to its own page (from the main VisComm page)? (mpg)
  9. (held over from 5th mtg) Newsletter Notes (not Tyler)