This is a draft
The 2014 OSGeo the Charter Members election will take place in XXX 2014, followed by the Board nominations and elections in XXX so that new board members have a chance to meet face-to-face at FOSS4G in Portland, USA in September.
- 1 Charter Member Election
- 2 Board Election
Charter Member Election
As every year we are electing new Charter Members into the Foundation.
- See the official list of Charter Members as of 2013.
- Full details of the Membership Process.
- The New Member Nominations 2013 provide an illustration.
- The role of the Chief Returning Officer.
Nominate new Charter Members: 2014-XX-XX to 2014-XX-XX (2 weeks)
- Please confirm with the nominated person first!
- Please email email@example.com with their name, contact email and paragraph describing why you are recommending this person as a Charter Member
- Please also feel free to cc: the nomination to the OSGeo discussion list - firstname.lastname@example.org - so the community can be nudged along and have a sense of what is going on.
- The list of nominees will be compiled at: New Member Nominations 2014
Nominated Member Introductions
- During the period between a nomination and the start of the election, charter member nominees are encouraged to introduce themselves on the OSGeo discussion list (email@example.com).
Vote for new Charter Members: 2014-XX-XX to 2014-XX-XX (1 week)
Nominate new Board Members - 2014-XX-XX - 2014-XX-XX (2 weeks)
- Please confirm with the person that they would like to stand for election as a Board member.
- Email a nomination, consisting of name, current country of residence and a paragraph describing why you think this person would make a good Board member, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23:59 (your time zone) on Tuesday 20 August 2013
- Remember that only the Charter Members are eligible for a seat on the Board and voting but that anybody can nominate a board member.
- The final list will be collected at Board Member Nominations 2014
Vote for new Board Members - 2014-XX-XX - 2014-XX-XX
- Only Charter Members are eligible to vote.
- Choose from Board Member Nominations 2014 list.
- Email email@example.com with a list of names up to 4 lines long (one vote per board slot).
- You can cast up to 4 votes, for 4 different people. Multiple votes for one person will be counted as one vote!
- Voting closes at 23:59 (your timezone) XX XX 2014.
- Results will be posted at Board Election 2014 Results on X XX 2014.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.