The 2016 OSGeo the Charter Members election will take place in July 2016, followed by the Board nominations and elections in July/August so that new board members have a chance to possibly meet face-to-face at FOSS4G in Bonn, Germany in August.
- 1 Charter Member Election
- 2 Board Election
Charter Member Election
As every year we are electing new Charter Members into the Foundation.
- See the official list of Charter Members as of the 2015 elections.
- Full details of the Membership Process.
- The New Member Nominations 2015 provide an illustration.
- The role of the Chief Returning Officer.
Nominate new Charter Members: 2016-07-04 to 2016-07-21 (2 weeks and three days)
- Please confirm with the nominated person first!
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with their name, contact email and paragraph describing why you are recommending this person as a Charter Member
- As per nominations process, the CRO will contact the nominated person and confirm they are willing to participate and then forward the nomination to the Discuss mailing list for further discussion (see next point).
- The list of nominees will be compiled at: New Member Nominations 2016.
Nominated Member Introductions
- During the period between a nomination and the start of the election, charter member nominees are encouraged to introduce themselves on the OSGeo discussion list (email@example.com). The nominee may optionally reference their OSGeo Advocate profile and create a profile if it doesn't exist.
Vote for new Charter Members: 2016-07-22 to 2016-07-30 (1 week)
- will likely use the same Electronic Voting system that was setup last year
- Session expiration time was too short and some members reported loosing their votes, this need to be addressed for this election.
- Following our new Membership Process, all candidates passed the criteria to be accepted as new OSGeo Charter Members.
- The new charter members for 2016 are (in alphabetical order)
- Andy Anderson (United States of America)
- Bogdan Grama (Romania)
- Brent Wood (New Zealand)
- Daniel Urdă (Romania)
- Daniel Berry (United States of America)
- David Mateos (Spain)
- Denis Rouzaud (Switzerland)
- Erik Meerburg (Netherlands)
- Gaël Kruwialis (Belgium)
- Hugo Mercier (France)
- Jerome St-Louis (Canada)
- Jonas Eberle (Germany)
- Jorge Luis Batista (Cuba)
- Junyoung Choi (South Korea)
- Larry Shaffer (United States of America)
- Luigi Pirelli (Spain)
- Luís de Sousa (Switzerland)
- Martin Dobias (Czech Republic)
- Matthias Kuhn (Switzerland)
- Mirko Cardoso (Switzerland)
- Monia Molinari (Italy)
- Pedro Pereira (Portugal)
- Rafael Roset (Spain)
- Rama Murthy Soma (India)
- Santiago Higuera (Spain)
- Sara Safavi (United States of America)
- Shailesh Chaure (India)
- Tommy Oozeer (Belgium)
- Tudor Bărăscu (Romania)
- Vasanthi Hargyono (Indonesia)
- Victoria Rautenbach (South Africa)
- Vincent Mora (France)
- Werner Macho (Austria)
- Following the Board Election Procedure there are 4 seats up for election this year.
- Massimiliano Cannata, Vasile Craciunescu, Dirk Frigne and Michael Smith have reached the end of their 2-year term, Board members wishing to stand in the 2016 election must receive a nomination, like any other candidate.
- Massimiliano Cannata will stand for re-election.
- Vasile Craciunescu will stand for re-election.
- Dirk Frigne will stand for re-election.
- Michael Smith will stand for re-election
- Continuing Board members who have another year to serve are
CRO for the Board of Directors 2016 elections feedback on this page.
Nominate new Board Members - 2016-09-07 - 2016-09-20 (2 weeks)
- Please confirm with the person that they would like to stand for election as a Board member.
- Email a nomination, consisting of name, current country of residence and a paragraph describing why you think this person would make a good Board member, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23:59 GMT on Tuesday 20 September 2016
- Remember that only the Charter Members are eligible for a seat on the Board and voting but that anybody can nominate a board member.
- The final list will be collected at Board Member Nominations 2016
Campaign period - 2016-09-21 - 2016-09-27 (1 week)
Candidates are encouraged to put their vision and ideas for their term at Election 2016 Candidate Manifestos and sending them to Discuss mailing list for further conversation.
Vote for new Board Members - 2016-09-28 - 2016-10-04 (1 week)
- Only Charter Members are eligible to vote.
- Choose from Board Member Nominations 2016 list.
- Through the Electronic Voting system, every Charter Member will receive a personal link to access the election.
- You can cast up to 4 votes, for 4 different people.
- Voting closes by 23:59 GMT on Tuesday 04 October 2016.
- Results will be posted at Board Election 2016 Results on 2016-10-05.
- Contact email@example.com with questions.