- 1 Charter Member Election
- 2 Board Election
Charter Member Election
As every year we are electing new Charter Members into the Foundation.
- See the official list of Charter Members as of the 2018 elections.
- The New Member Nominations 2017 provide an example of nominations.
- The role of the Chief Returning Officer.
- To be elected a charter member need a nomination by a current charter member and at least one other charter member seconding the nomination. Only veto can be raised by sending a private e-mail to the CRO that has to inform the board for an anonymous review. If the veto is accepted by the board, then the CRO shall make it public and the charter member is not elected.
For more details see the Membership Process.
Nominate new Charter Members: 2018-09-24 to 2018-10-07
- Please confirm with the nominated person first!
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org (not to email@example.com) with their name, contact email (if possible, use a personal email address not the work one that can change in the future) and paragraph describing why you are recommending this person as a Charter Member (please include details about the positive attributes of the nominee)
- As per Membership_Process#Nominations, the CRO will contact the nominated person and confirm they are willing to participate and compile the 2018 member nominations list.
Community Review and OSGeo Board approval: 2018-10-08 - 2018-10-14
- Community review of nominations
- CRO to present candidate list to the board for approval
- CRO to update the charter member list
- Following the Board Election Procedure there are 4 seats up for election this year.
- Vasile Craciunescu, Maria Antonia Brovelli, Michael Smith and Angelos Tzotsos have reached the end of their 2-year term, Board members wishing to stand in the 2018 election must receive a nomination, like any other candidate.
- Vasile Craciunescu
- Maria Antonia Brovelli
- Michael Smith
- Angelos Tzotsos
- Continuing Board members who have another year to serve are
CRO for the Board of Directors 2018 elections feedback on this page.
Nominate new Board Members - 2018-10-22 - 2018-11-04 (2 weeks)
- Please confirm with the person that they would like to stand for election as a Board member.
- Email a nomination, consisting of name, current country of residence and a paragraph describing why you think this person would make a good Board member, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23:59 GMT on Sunday 04 October 2018
- Remember that only the Charter Members are eligible for a seat on the Board and voting but that anybody can nominate a board member.
- The final list will be collected at Board Member Nominations 2018
Campaign period - 2018-11-05 - 2018-11-11 (1 week)
Candidates are encouraged to put their vision and ideas for their term at Election 2018 Candidate Manifestos and sending them to Discuss mailing list for further conversation.
Vote for new Board Members - 2018-11-12 - 2018-11-18 (1 week)
- Only Charter Members are eligible to vote.
- Choose from Board Member Nominations 2018 list.
- Through the Electronic Voting system, every Charter Member will receive a personal link to access the election.
- You can cast up to 4 votes, for 4 different people.
- Voting closes by 23:59 GMT on Sunday 18 November 2018.
- Results will be posted at Board Election 2018 Results on 2018-11-18.
- Contact email@example.com with questions.