- 1 Charter Member Election
- 2 Board Election
Charter Member Election
As every year we are electing new Charter Members into the Foundation.
- See the official list of Charter Members.
- The 2019 member nominations list provide an example of nominations.
- To be elected, a charter member need a nomination by a current charter member and at least one other charter member seconding the nomination. Only veto can be raised by sending a private e-mail to the CRO that has to inform the board for an anonymous review. If the veto is accepted by the board, then the CRO shall make it public and the charter member is not elected.
For more details see the Membership Process.
Nominate new Charter Members: 2020-10-05 to 2020-10-18 (14 days)
- Please confirm with the nominated person first!
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org (not to email@example.com) with their details, using the nomination template below. For the Nomination statement use a paragraph describing why you are recommending this person as a Charter Member. Please include details about the positive attributes of the nominee:
- Members should believe in the general goals of the OSGeo Foundation: to support and promote the use of free and open source geospatial software, education and data in a collaborative manner.
- Previous participation in or support of OSGeo activities.
- Previous contribution to free and open source geospatial software, education or open data.
- The person should be willing to put in time and effort on the OSGeo Foundation, perhaps joining committee(s), or volunteering in some other way that gets the Foundation going.
- Members should be prepared to work constructively and positively towards the goals of the Foundation. Good teamwork skills are an asset.
- The CRO will contact the nominated person and confirm they are willing to participate and compile the 2020 member nominations list.
Nominating person: Nominating e-mail: Nominating profile page: Nominee name: Nominee last name: Nominee e-mail: Nominee country: Nominee wiki page (optional): Nominee profile page: Nomination statement:
Community Review and voting: 2020-10-21 - 2020-10-28 (8 days)
- Community review of nominations
- New Member Nominations 2020
- Online vote (to second nominations) using OSGeo Electronic Voting system based on Lime Survey.
- The CRO has to present candidate list to the board for approval
- The CRO has to update the charter member list
- The current board is composed by 9 people: Astrid Emde, Codrina Maria Ilie, Helena Mitasova, Till Adams, Vicky Vergara, Victoria Rautenbach, Michael Smith, Angelos Tzotsos and Tom Kralidis.
- Following the Board Election Procedure there are 4 seats up for election this year.
- Victoria Rautenbach, Michael Smith, Angelos Tzotsos and Tom Kralidis have reached the end of their 2-year term. Any of these board members wishing to stand in the 2020 election must receive a nomination, like any other candidate.
Nominate new Board Members - 2020-11-09 - 2020-11-20 (11 days)
- Please confirm with the person that they would like to stand for election as a Board member.
- Email your nomination, with a paragraph describing why you think this person would make a good Board member, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23:59 GMT on Friday, 20 November 2020
- Please use the following template:
Nominating person: Nominee name: Nomination statement:
- Remember that only the Charter Members are eligible for a seat on the Board and voting but that anybody can nominate a board member.
- The final list will be collected at Board Member Nominations 2020
Campaign period - 2020-11-26 - 2020-12-03 (7 days)
Candidates are encouraged to put their vision and ideas for their term at Election 2020 Candidate Manifestos and sending them to Discuss mailing list for further conversation.
Vote for new Board Members - 2020-12-01 - 2020-12-08 (8 days)
- Only Charter Members are eligible to vote.
- Choose from Board Member Nominations 2020 list
- Through the Electronic Voting system, every Charter Member will receive a personal link to access the election.
- You can cast up to 4 votes, for 4 different people.
- Voting closes by 23:59 GMT on Tuesday, 8 December 2020.
- Results will be posted at Board Election 2020 Results on 2020-12-09.
- Contact email@example.com with questions.