Pages related to the FOSS4G-Asia 2020 [Coming by Nov. 15, 2019 Call for hosting].
The committee decided unanimously that FOSS4G-Asia will be organized as a bi-annual (every two years) counting form last FOSS4G-Asia that was organized at University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka in December 2018. During the FOSS4G-Asia 2018 selection process, it was also decided that the next and future FOSS4G-Asia event will be organized between November-January period.
Selection Committee 2018
- Dr. Tuong Thuy Vu , University of Nottingham, Malaysia
- Mr. Ravi Vundavalli, Secretary, OSGeo-India
- Dr. Sarawut NINSAWAT, AIT
- Mr. Gérald Fenoy, GeoLabs SARL
- Dr. Ho Dinh Duan, Vietnamese Academy of Science and Technology
- Mr. Martin Isenburg, rapidlasso GmbH
- Mr. Daniel Kastl, Georepublic
- Prof. Xianfeng Song, University of Chinese Academy of Science
- Venkatesh Raghavan, Osaka City University
Selection Committee 2020
- Ho Dinh Duan, Vietnamese Academy of Science and Technology
- Martin Isenburg, rapidlasso GmbH
- Jeff McKenna, Gateway Geomatics
- Rangajeewa Ratnayake, Muratowa University
- Ravi Vundavalli, Secretary, OSGeo-India
- Xianfeng Song, University of Chinese Academy of Science
- More members be announced
The following groups have submitted detailed proposal bids to host:
- To be added
a) Dates b) Venue c) Availability of hotel rooms near venue and approximate cost for single or shared rooms d) Infrastructure available (Meeting rooms available with capacity,Internet Access, Computer rooms for workshops etc.) e) Main organizers and possible list of supporting organizations f) Potential sponsors g) Transportation and access to venue h) Members of LoC i) Any other information that will help the Selection committee to arrive at a decision
The deadline for submission of proposals is 30 November, 2019 (Saturday) https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2019&month=11&day=30&hour=0&min=0&sec=0
The bidding teams are required to answer questions related to their bids, and to submit their answers by a specific .
The selection committee will vote during 9 December to 13 December, and decide the host for FOSS4G-Asia 2020.
FOSS4G Asia 2020 Working Page
Upcoming FOSS4G ASIA 2020