FOSS4G-Europe 2014 workshops
- 1 Workshops & Tutorials
- 2 Where & When
- 3 PARTICIPANTS
- 4 FOSS4G routing with pgRouting, OpenStreetMap road data and OpenLayers
- 5 Spatio-Temporal Big Data - the EarthServer approach
- 6 Web mapping with OGC services and GeoServer: an introduction
- 7 Introduction to rasdaman
- 8 Using R as a command line GIS
- 9 Geo Reports
- 10 Easily manage and dispatch your sensor data with istSOS
- 11 Analyzing spatial data with GRASS GIS 7
- 12 Building Standards Compliant Geospatial Web Application - The Quick and Easy MapMint Way
Workshops & Tutorials
Workshops are 3 hours practical course where users are expected to execute exercises on the topic/application(s) under discussion. Tutorials are 1.5 hours presentation where participants are expected to get a guided tour into the topic/application(s) under discussion.
Where & When
The day before of the main conference (Monday 14th July) has been set aside for the Workshops. For timetable see 
Very important: Participants will have to bring their own laptop since at the venue is not available any PC room.
please refer to the following section to identify:
- requirements (hardware and software)
- preparation steps to attend (e.g. installation, etc..)
- link to external resources
FOSS4G routing with pgRouting, OpenStreetMap road data and OpenLayers
To be able to actively participate in this workshop, please prepare the following:
- Bring your own notebook
- Download and install VirtualBox
- Download the Virtual Machine Image of OSGeo-Live
- Run OSGeo-Live in VirtualBox
- Select the correct keyboard layout
If you're not familiar with Ubuntu Linux, it's now a good time to try out OSGeo-Live ;-)
Spatio-Temporal Big Data - the EarthServer approach
Web mapping with OGC services and GeoServer: an introduction
Introduction to rasdaman
Using R as a command line GIS
Welcome to the GeoReports Tutorial. GeoReports Tutorial – a tutorial with warranty – author guarantees the accuracy and correctness of tutorial, all the actions mentioned in the tutorial can be reproduced in accurate manner if you follow tutorial instructions..
This tutorial will show how to produce reports with maps using today’s world leading free and open source software for web mapping and reports, GeoServer and JasperReport, respectively.
It is primary intended as a syllabus for GeoReports workshop and not as comprehensive guide for geo-reports cook book. Indeed source code provided in this tutorial can be used for creating a geo-reports.
Tutorial will go trough a series of steps increasing a level of complexity with various integration options: from comand line application setup, over web application to GeoServer extension – embedded reporting application delivered over OGC (Open Geospatial Consortium) WPS (Web Processing Service). For a more user friendly approach, Geoserver extension – named DigMap – will be wrapped in Boundless OpenGeo Suite.