FOSS4G2007 OSGeo Booth
Scratchpad for ideas for OSGeo Booth at FOSS4G
- OSGeo will be in the main exhibition hall, in a double sized booth that faces the rear of the hall (where some of the food/beverages will be).
- The space immediately in front is emtpy and is the same size as the double booth. It will be clearer once I get a diagram together, but it could be used for a lounge or stands, etc. as well.
- We have booth spaces 16, 17, 18, 19 - with the general idea that 17/18 are not normal booths but mostly open space covering a 16x20 foot area
- Move in: Monday, September 24th - 12:00 to 18:00
- Move out: Thursday, September 27th - 15:00 to 18:00 (tear down not permitted before 15:00)
NOTE: The Exhibit Hall will occupy all of Salon A and half of Salon B. The other half of Hall B will be combined with Hall C for use as the plenary room. Hall B will be divided by a curtain of pipe and drape. To avoid noise from the Exhibit Hall interfering with the Opening Plenary, the Exhibit Hall will not open to exhibitors until shortly before noon on Tuesday, September 25th, and tear down and move-out will not be permitted until the completion of the Closing Plenary at 15:00 on Thursday, September 27th. This means that booth set-up must be completed on Monday, September 24th by 18:00. Please schedule your move-in and out staff accordingly.
- Tuesday, September 25th - 12:00 to 18:00
- Wednesday, September 26th - 09:00 to 17:00
- Thursday, September 27th - 09:00 to 13:00
- Local chapter space ?
- emphasize joining committees, etc. ?
- show many demos ?
- develop a mini-park in same spirit as OSGeo open source park at InterGeo ?
- help promote non-software projects/ideas, ie. host local data and interop demo (discuss with conf. committee) ?
- split booth between basic organisational info and software demos ?
Things already planned
- John Graham will bring a small OptIPortal set up (2x3 displays, approx. 14 megapixels), with interactive 3d controller
- X number of software demo stations
Volunteers to help
- Mateusz Loskot
- Tyler Mitchell - I'm also doing the coordination with the conference centre to set up and order equipment, etc.
- Add your name here...
Issues / TODO
- Line up demonstrations
- Engage committees and local chapters
- Provide space for discussion
Here are two potential layouts for the booth space. The first one is nicer because it leaves more open space without blocking people into the booth space. The following layout is more enclosed but allows more people from the aisles to see the video screen. Included in both designs are informal seating, pedestal tables and literature racks.