FOSS4G2008 Workshop/Lab Evaluation Tabulation
Back to FOSS4G2008...
In addition to the conference evaluation form received by all conference attendees, each Workshop and Lab will have an evaluation form. The forms wwill be collected after each Workshop/Lab, and will then scanned to PDF documents (one per Workshop/Lab). You can see 2007's example example of the evaluation form (33KB PDF).
The goal is to tabulate the results for questions 1 through 9 on all the Workshop/Lab Evaluation Forms that will be scanned to PDFs.
This page outlines the steps that (were)and will be used by those involved with tabulating the results from the Workshop/Lab evaluations.
Follow these steps in order to help with the results tabulation.
Edit the table below and add your name for the Workshop/Lab that you will tabulate (enter "in progress" for the status):
Below is the process followed in 2007 that will most likely be repeated in 2008. Modifications to forms and processes most likely to take place closer to teh conference in 2008
Download your preferred format (PDF, OpenOffice document, MS Word document) of the Workshop/Lab Evaluations Tabulation Form from http://hypersphere.telascience.org/Workshop-Files/evaluations/2007/blank_tabulation_forms/ and print a copy.
Download your preferred format (OpenOffice document, MS Word document) of the Workshop/Lab Evaluation Results template from http://hypersphere.telascience.org/Workshop-Files/evaluations/2007/blank_results_forms/
Download the PDF for the Workshop/Lab you are going to tabulate from http://hypersphere.telascience.org/Workshop-Files/evaluations/2007/PDF_scans/
- on the printed Tabulation Form, write the Workshop/Lab number for the Title, and the number of pages in the PDF as the number of Evaluations (you don't need to fill in Room, Capacity, or Attendees)
- one PDF page at a time, use the Tabulation Form to record the attendee's evaluation of the Workshop/Lab
- when you have finished recording the evaluations in the PDF on the Tabulation Form, write the total for each cell next to the cell's heading
- check to make sure that for each question on the form, the total of the cells matches the total number of evaluations
- Rules for ambiguous answers:
- if the attendee circled/marked two adjacent options, count the option on the left (e.g. for question #1, if both Good and Fair were circled, count it as Good)
- if the attendee wrote an answer in between two adjacent options, count the option on the left
- if the answer cannot be figured out, count it as No Answer
- Tip: do the tabulation in an environment where you won't be interrupted, because losing track of where you are, part way through a page, means having to take time to figure out which questions, and parts of questions, you have tabulated for the current page
- an example of a completed Tabulation Form (433KB PDF)
- Once the printed Tabulation Form is completed and checked, make a copy of the Workshop/Lab Evaluation Results template (see Step 3) and name it for the Workshop/Lab that was just tabulated (e.g. FOSS4G2007_Workshop-01_Evaluation_Results.doc).
- Edit that document, replacing Workshop/Lab number & title, and filling in the number of Evaluations (you don't need to fill in Room, Capacity, or Attendees).
- Type in the numbers from the Tabulation Form that was completed in Step 5.
- Save the document.
- Edit the corresponding row in the above table (see Step 1) and change the status to "Done".
- Email the Evaluation Results document to the Workshop Committee chair, Dave Patton
- an example of the completed Evaluation Results document (340KB PDF) for the Tabulation Form example from Step 6.