FOSS4G2011 OSGeo Booth
Event Contact: Tyler Mitchell...
Sign up for an hour or so here:
- Arnulf Christl will be at the booth for 2h each day. Once we have several volunteers we should set up a time table to better coordinate.
- Robert Hollingsworth I'm available for booth time on all exhibit days. Would like to see how exhibit schedule intersects (specific) presentations and other activities when setting times.
- mpg will be attending and would be happy to do some booth duty
- please add yourself
What kind of equipment should be available? How large is the booth footprint? Will internet taps be available?
- Volunteers should bring their own laptop if possible. Maybe have a larger desktop monitor there too. Or projector?
- 2 large tables, 1 "discussion" pedestal table and chairs
- 1 pop-up banner - Tyler providing
- Hollingsworth has leftover pop-up banner from GITA conference, will bring that.
What handouts will be available, who/where will they be printed?
- Brochures, sponsorship postcards - Tyler providing
- Poster showing sponsors! - to be printed
- Hollingsworth has leftover printed matter from GITA -- OSGeo business cards, 'Become a Sponsor' post cards, OSGeo brochure. And a small stack of Live DVD v4.5 (outdated by Sept.?). Plus FOSS4G posters and flyers (which really should be sent to someone BEFORE the conference..)
What kinds of live demonstrations or recorded examples can be played at the booth? Where can they be downloaded from or who can run them?
- If there are multiple booth volunteers, therefore multiple laptops, might simplify by having canned demos/videos, manual demos, and associated data living on a server somewhere.
Review in case of updates or additions
- OSSIMPlanet video with sound (181MB)
- GRASS historical Video (60MB)
- Italian OSGeo chapter youtube video Can we get a full res copy of this?
- gvSIG OpenMoko youtube vid. High res copy?
- gvSIG Days '07 Video.