FOSS4G2014 OSGeo Booth
Event Contacts: TBD
10' x 10'
Oregon Convention Center
|Wed Sep 10th||8:30am-11am||setup, sessions running.|
|Wed Sep 10th||11am-7pm||Regular hours, sessions running, etc.|
|Thurs Sep 11th||8am-4:30/5:30pm||Regular hours|
|Fri Sep 12th||8am-1:30pm||Regular hours|
conference program: https://2014.foss4g.org/about/calendar/
|Day||Hours||Booth Team (two each slot)|
|Wed Sept 10th||8:30-11am||Move in / Set up|
|Wed Sept 10th||9-11am||(Plenary session: welcome and introduction)|
|11am-1pm||Regular hours||(Exhibit Hall opens at 11AM; Event: Lunch in the Hall) AlanGlennon|
|4:30-7pm||Regular hours||(Event: Drinks in Exhibit Hall) AlanGlennon|
|Thurs Sept 11th||8-10am||Regular hours||(Exhibit Hall opens at 8AM) AlanGlennon|
|11:30am-1pm||Regular hours||(Event: Lunch in Exhibit Hall) AlanGlennon|
|3-5:30pm||Regular hours||(Exhibit Hall closes at 5:30PM: OSGeo AGM starts at 4:30 put up a sign directing people there and go there yourself at 4:30) AlanGlennon|
|Fri Sept 12th||8-10am||Regular hours||(Exhibit Hall opens at 8AM) AlanGlennon|
|11:30am-1:30pm||Regular hours||(Event: Lunch in Exhibit Hall) AlanGlennon|
|1:30pm||Move out / Tear down||(Exhibit Hall closes at 1:30PM)]|
- Conference Schedule: https://2014.foss4g.org/about/calendar/
- Session Schedule: https://2014.foss4g.org/schedule/sessions/
as travel with equipment is difficult, best scenario is these are provided by U.S.A. local chapters...
Possible needs: banner? laptops/monitors? table? drape? chairs? wired internet?
- Volunteers should bring their own laptop if possible. Maybe have a larger desktop monitor there too. Or projector?
- PDX-OSGeo will provide our popup banner and table runner
- PDX-OSGeo will provide two laptops runnint OSGeo-Live
- I'll bring the GRASS and PostGIS In Action books. Other books could be helpful as well (i.e. QGIS, OpenLayers, GeoServer, etc)
- Have requested that CUGOS and California Chapters bring their popup banners and other materials as well
- The LOC can print some materials in limited numbers if asked in advance. In the past, we've used a small number of print materials for reference as opposed to handouts. We've used the things in marketing svn. Which materials do people want at the booth?
What kinds of live demonstrations or recorded examples can be played at the booth? Where can they be downloaded from or who can run them?
- If there are multiple booth volunteers, therefore multiple laptops, might simplify by having canned demos/videos, manual demos, and associated data living on a server somewhere.
- OSGeo Live - USB will be distributed from the OSGeo booth (300 are ordered), so either boot from media or run in a Virtual Machine.
Review in case of updates or additions
- place visible links to slides or videos here
- OSGeo Live overview presentation