FOSS4G2020 Q&A 2 Halifax
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Questions from Steven Feldman
- You have not provided the budget spreadsheet that was part of the RfP. Or did I miss it? Can you provide this to the Conference Committee?
- Can you provide clarity on whether you will be videoing and/or streaming just the plenaries or some of the conference streams as well? Is this provided for in your budget?
- Your budget has a very high dependency on sponsorship (up to 45% of income), higher than most previous events. Can you explain in more detail where you expect this sponsorship to come from?What are your contingencies if your target is not achieved?
- You have indicated that you will need seed funding of $50k from OSGeo, will you require any additional guarantees from OSGeo? You have proposed to remit 75% of any surplus back to OSGeo, the guideline in the RfP was for 85% to be returned to OSGeo, please explain why you are proposing a different level?
- You refer to a payment to co-chairs who will undertake the tasks of a PCO, can you provide some more detail on the amount of these payments and the scope of work to be undertaken? Will there be a formal contract between the LOC and the co-chairs? Who will arbitrate in the event of a dispute?
- Can you confirm that the workshop fee of US $200 (EB) or $300 (Regular) is for 2 full days of workshops. Is there an option for attendees to register for only 1 or 2 workshops individually?
- Can you confirm what level of discount on delegate fees you are offering to workshop presenters?
- In your budget you have a $62k line for Coordination (inc event planners, transport & hotels etc). Can you explain please?
- In your budget you have a $10k line for modifications to the registration system. Can you explain what this is and why it is needed?
- In your budget you have a line for “promotional stuff” running at almost $35/delegate - can you provide some more detail please?
- You mention a Travel Grant Programme of $20k - is this a contribution to the OSGeo TGP initiative or one that will be run independently by your LOC?
- Can you confirm that any funds allocated to a TGP (your own or the OSGeo one) will be used for travel and subsistence support and that all TGP recipients willl receive a free conference pass in addition (i.e the TGP funds will not be used to cover delegate passes)?