FOSS4G2020 Q&A Calgary
Revision as of 17:33, 8 October 2018 by EliL (Add wifi fee question from Eli)
Questions Mark I.:
- What is the mission of your respective FOSS4G?
- What is your commitment to inclusivity, diversity, and ensuring that FOSS4G 2020 is as inclusive and as diverse as possible?
Questions Steven F.:
- early bird registration will be approximately $650.00 US while regular conference fee would be $800.00 US” there has been a lot of discussion about making FOSS4G more affordable, do you have any thoughts on this?
Questions Till A.:
- I would like to stress the point about costs. In the call we say "We hope to keep cost per participant under $650 USD for the conference (plus workshops).". As former chair I know about the difficulties FOSS4G teams have finding the right price for the conference. But can you tell something on how you are planning to enable people, who can not afford the conference fee and/or accommodation costs, to attend to your conference?
Questions Eli A.:
- It seems that the venue might be charging a fee for wifi, is that fee to the attendees or the LOC when renting the venue? "Wifi and hardwired internet will be available to attendees for a fee." In past years, wifi without a fee has been critically important and the wifi has to be able to handle lots of traffic (major project releases that everyone downloads at once) and not block ports for IRC or other non-http(s) protocols. Can you clarify the wifi?