FOSS4G 2009 Press Release 15
Professional Development Points & Discount for SSSI members attending FOSS4G conference
-- DRAFT --
Sydney, Australia. 8 June 2009.
The international conference for Free and Open Source Software for Geospatial (FOSS4G) which is coming to Sydney 20-23 October 2009, is now offering Professional Development Points and a 5% discount to Surveying and Spatial Sciences Institute (SSSI) members.
FOSS4G offers business case and technical presentations from the best international Geospatial Open Standards and Open Source practitioners, workshops, bird of feather sessions, a demo theatre and an install-fest. The Open Geospatial Consotium (OGC) is underpinning the conference with a Standards Based integration showcase based on a climate change scenario, demonstrating integration between Open Source and proprietary applications. http://2009.foss4g.org
Early bird registration with an SSSI discount is just $AU689 for 3 days of conference and tutorials, and $AU357 for a day of workshops.
SSSI members will received ??? Professional Development Points for attending the main conference, and an extra ??? to attend the workshop..
SSSI special membership discount is available by registering at: enter URL here.
SSSI members who have already registered for FOSS4G can claim a 5% refund by doing what?.
Upcoming FOSS4G milestones
- 31 Jul 2009, Early registration deadline
- 14 Sep 2009, Completed program available
- 20 Oct 2009, FOSS4G Workshop
- 21-23 Oct 2009, FOSS4G Presentations and Tutorials
- 24 Oct 2009, FOSS4G Code Sprint
- Position Magazine: http://www.positionmag.com.au/
- Asian Surveying and Mapping Newsletter: http://www.asmmag.com
- Geoconnexions Magazine: http://www.geoconnexion.com/
- Directions Magazine: http://directionsmag.com/
- GIS Development: http://gisdevelopment.net/
- Baliz Media: http://www.BALIZ-MEDIA.com/
For more information or to keep informed from the FOSS4G Organising Committee, join our announcement list or twitter feed at: http://2009.foss4g.org/contacts/
Cameron Shorter, Chair of the FOSS4G Organising Committee and Geospatial Systems Architect at LISAsoft
c a m e r o n . s h o r t e r @ l i s a s o f t . c o m