FOSS4G 2009 Press Release 20
To be sent to unsuccessful FOSS4G abstract applicants.
Results of your FOSS4G Abstract Proposal
20 August 2009, Sydney Australia.
To FOSS4G abstract proposer,
We are sorry to say that your abstract was not selected to be presented at FOSS4G 2009. There were lots of incredibly high quality presentations offered, of which 85 were selected from 185.
The process for selecting abstracts was:
- Community Vote via the abstract submission website
- Review and voting by the Organising Committee and selected high profile Session Chairs. This review was aimed at providing a good balance of topics and themes and also to make sure that the local region was represented in the presentations.
- Final 85 selected by ordering based on OC and Community Vote with adjustments to ensure no authors present two papers
Given the number of papers involved and the time constraints on our Organising Committee, no individual feedback is possible as to why your presentation was not selected.
There are still a few ways for you to present at FOSS4G. These include:
- There will be a demo theater running during breaks, which will provide sponsors and exhibitors with 10 minute presentation slots.
- There will be a limited number of posters for people to promote their projects.
- There are two evenings dedicated to unstructured Birds of a Feather sessions. Feel free to set one up around your area of interest and invite others to join you.
- And there will be a number of volunteer roles for people to help out with.
More details about these in the upcoming weeks. Make sure you join the announcement email list to keep yourself up to date. http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/foss4g2009-announce
Harley Prowse, coordinator of the abstract selection committee.