FOSS4G 2009 Press Release 27
emailed to registered attendees.
FOSS4G conference: Draft program available
Sydney, Australia. 22 August 2009. http://2009.foss4g.org
An early draft of the FOSS4G program has been released in response to some delegates wishing to book flights and accommodation early. While there may still be some minor changes to the program, we are not anticipating many presentations to move from one day to another.
Details at: http://2009.foss4g.org/schedule/
FOSS4G is the international Free and Open Source Software for Geospatial conference, which comes to Sydney, Australia, 20-23 October 2009. FOSS4G offers presentations, workshops, demos, an install-fest, and a code sprint. It is presented by the world's best Developers, Policy Makers, Sponsors and Geospatial Professionals and includes the latest geospatial applications, standards, government programs, business processes and case studies. Topics include mobile platforms, location based applications, crowd sourcing, cloud computing, development, spatial standards, integration of cross-agency data, Spatial Data Infrastructures, Sensor Webs, Web Processing Services, Integration of Open Source and Proprietary Software and more.
- 14 Sep 2009, Final program available
- 21 Sep 2009, Poster Submission closes
- 20 Oct 2009, FOSS4G Workshop
- 21-23 Oct 2009, FOSS4G Presentations and Tutorials
- 24 Oct 2009, FOSS4G Code Sprint
- Position Magazine: http://www.positionmag.com.au/
- Asian Surveying and Mapping Newsletter: http://www.asmmag.com
- Geoconnexions Magazine: http://www.geoconnexion.com/
- Directions Magazine: http://directionsmag.com/
- GIS Development: http://gisdevelopment.net/
- Baliz Media: http://www.BALIZ-MEDIA.com/
For more information or to keep informed from the FOSS4G Organising Committee, join our email list or twitter feed at: http://2009.foss4g.org/about_us/
Cameron Shorter, Chair of the FOSS4G Organising Committee and Geospatial Systems Architect at LISAsoft
c a m e r o n . s h o r t e r @ l i s a s o f t . c o m