FOSS4G 2009 Press Release 36
Two weeks till FOSS4G
Sydney, Australia. 8 October 2009. http://2009.foss4g.org
There is less than two weeks till the international conference for Free and Open Source Software for Geospatial starts. If you haven't already done so, now would be a good time to purchase you ticket and sort out your travel plans.
FOSS4G is the international Free and Open Source Software for Geospatial conference, which comes to Sydney, Australia, 20-23 October 2009. FOSS4G offers presentations, workshops, demos, an install-fest, and a code sprint. It is presented by the world's best Developers, Policy Makers, Sponsors and Geospatial Professionals and includes the latest geospatial applications, standards, government programs, business processes and case studies. Topics include mobile platforms, location based applications, crowd sourcing, cloud computing, development, spatial standards, integration of cross-agency data, Spatial Data Infrastructures, Sensor Webs, Web Processing Services, Integration of Open Source and Proprietary Software and more.
- 20 Oct 2009, FOSS4G Workshop
- 21-23 Oct 2009, FOSS4G Presentations and Tutorials
- 24 Oct 2009, FOSS4G Code Sprint
- Position Magazine: http://www.positionmag.com.au/
- Asian Surveying and Mapping Newsletter: http://www.asmmag.com
- Geoconnexions Magazine: http://www.geoconnexion.com/
- Directions Magazine: http://directionsmag.com/
- GIS Development: http://gisdevelopment.net/
- Baliz Media: http://www.BALIZ-MEDIA.com/
- Slashgeo: http://slashgeo.org
For more information or to keep informed from the FOSS4G Organising Committee, join our email list or twitter feed at: http://2009.foss4g.org/about_us/