FOSS4G 2010 Code Sprint
- Wladimir Szczerban, Enric Rodellas
Code Sprint - what's that?
A code sprint is usually organized by a group that is using an open source project and wants to see something done. They fly the developers to a single location and feed them for a couple of days with the necessities of the hacking life (internet, caffeine, electricity). The communication that happens from face to face hacking usually lasts the project for a year or more. You see this a lot in projects like Drupal etc...
For map and more details see
- Date: Friday, 10 Sep 2010 (the day after the conference).
- Time: 9am-5pm (timeandate)
- Where: Citilab-Cornellà
Citilab-Cornellà Phone: +34 93 551 06 60 Fax: +34 93 551 06 78 web Citilab Pl. Can Suris s/n 08940 Cornellà de Llobregat (Barcelona)
- Rooms: A+B+C
- online maps
More than 100 attendees are expected!
Motivation and Direction
A day, a code base, and your imagination?
Projects can use the time and venue for organizational discussions, development roadmaps, and group resolution of thorny issues in their code bases.
Is this your First Sprint? Here is some background information to get you started:
- Example Sprint (from same people who do GeoServer): http://www.openplans.org/projects/bbq-sprint
Additional Interested People
The following people are potentially interested in participating in sprinting activities though have not yet established a Workgroup.
- Frank Warmerdam: GDAL, MapServer, PROJ.4, OSGeo4W
- Mike Smith: GDAL, MapServer, PROJ.4, OSGeo4W
- Ari Jolma: GDAL
- Chaitanya kumar CH: GDAL
- Andrea Aime: GeoServer, GeoTools
- Stephan Meissl: MapServer
To participate, copy a project skeleton and start a section below for your project.
- Tim Schaub
- Christopher Schmidt
- Eric Lemoine
- Make OpenLayers 2.x awesomer.
- Make OpenLayers 3.0 a reality (or closer to it).
- Bastian Schäffer
- Person 1
- Technical disucssions about 52°North WPS
Geomajas Code Sprint
- Pieter De Graef
- Pieter De Graef
- Jan De Moerloose
- Joachim van der Auwera
- Dirk Frigne
- Frank Maes
- Oliver May
- Improving getting started documentation
- Create a GeoJson service, so that an OpenLayers client can make use of a Geomajas server.
- Create a Geomajas DataStore for GeoTools.
- Work toward plug-in graduation (documentation + tests)
- Paul Ramsey
- Olivier Courtin
- Mark Cave-Ayland
- Pierre Racine
- Vincent Picavet
- Synchronize fall development goals
- Discuss ISO type extensions
- Discuss official raster integration issues
- getting started
Not defined yet.