FOSS4G 2010 Press Release 6
Call for Abstract (Update)
Subject: FOSS4G 2010 Call for Abstracts
We are pleased to announce that the deadline for Abstract submissions has been postponed to April 15th, 2010!!
For more information, see the FOSS4G2010 site:
Remember that FOSS4G 2010 presentations are 25 minute talks, with 5 minute question and answer sessions at the end. Presentations cover the use or development of open source geospatial software. Anyone can can submit a presentation proposal and take part in the conference as a presenter.
The FOSS4G 2010 academic track aims to bringing together researchers, developers, users and practitioners carrying out research and development in the geospatial and the free and open source fields and willing to share original and recent research developments and experiences.
The academic track will act as an inventory of current research topics, but the major goal is to promote cooperative research between OSGeo developers and the academia. The academic track is the right forum to highlight the most important research challenges and trends in the domain, and let them became the basis for an informal OSGeo research agenda. It will foster interdisciplinary discussions in all aspects of the geospatial and free and open source domains. It will be organized in a way to promote networking between the participants, to initiate and favour discussions regarding cutting-edge technologies in the field, to exchange research ideas and to promote international collaboration.
All submissions to the academic track must be original unpublished work written in English. Abstracts should not exceed the 300 words limit and Full Article or Papers should not exceed the 6000 words limit. Formatting guidelines will be available soon. Submitting an abstract is mandatory to get the chance to submit and present a full article. Submitted abstracts and papers will be thoroughly reviewed by three members of the international scientific committee and refereed for their quality, originality and relevance.
Submission deadline (Abstract for the Academic Track) - Apr, 15th, 2010
Submission deadline (Full Paper for the Academic Track) - Jul, 15th, 2010
- 15 Jan 2010, Call for Workshops/Tutorials opens
- 30 Jan 2010, Call for Workshops/Tutorials closes
- 1 Feb 2010, Call for Abstracts opens
- 16 Feb 2010, Notification of acceptance for workshops/tutorials
- 22 Feb 2010, Registration for workshop and tutorials opens
- 15 Apr 2010, Abstract submission deadline
- 15 May 2010, Presenters notified of acceptance for talks
- 15 Jun 2010, Author/Early registration deadline
- 15 Jul 2010 Full article submission deadline
- Aug 2010, Completed program available
- 6-7 Sep 2010, FOSS4G Workshops
- 7-9 Sep 2010, FOSS4G Presentations and Tutorials
- 10 Sep 2010, FOSS4G Code Sprint