FOSS4G 2010 Press Release 6
Call for Abstracts (Update March 2010)
We are pleased to announce that the deadline for Abstract submissions (General and Academic Sessions) has been postponed to April 15th, 2010!!
FOSS4G presentations are 25 minute talks, with a 5 minute question and answer session at the end. Presentations cover aspects of the use or development of open source geospatial software. Anyone can can submit a presentation proposal and take part in the conference as a speaker.
For more information, see http://2010.foss4g.org/presentations.php
The FOSS4G 2010 academic track aims to bringing together researchers, developers, users and practitioners carrying out research and development in the geospatial and the free and open source fields and willing to share original and recent research developments and experiences.
All submissions to the academic track must be original unpublished work written in English. Abstracts should not exceed the 300 words limit and Full Article or Papers should not exceed the 6000 words limit. Formatting guidelines will be available soon. Submitting an abstract is mandatory to get the chance to submit and present a full article. Submitted abstracts and papers will be thoroughly reviewed by the members of the International Academic Chair and refereed for their quality, originality and relevance.
All submitted abstracts will be reviewed by the members of the Scientific Committee.
For more information see http://2010.foss4g.org/scientific.php
- 15 Apr 2010, Abstract submission deadline (General Sessions and Academic Sessions)
- 15 May 2010, Presenters notified of acceptance for talks
- 15 Jun 2010, Author/Early registration deadline
- 15 Jul 2010 Full article submission deadline for Academic Sessions
- Aug 2010, Completed program available
- 6-7 Sep 2010, FOSS4G Workshops
- 7-9 Sep 2010, FOSS4G Presentations and Tutorials
- 10 Sep 2010, FOSS4G Code Sprint