FOSS4G 2010 Workshops
NOTE: This is only a proposal so far. Commitee has to be constituted.
Back to FOSS4G 2010
The FOSS4G 2010 Workshop Committee is responsible for the organization of both Workshops and Labs.
Workshops are 3-hour sessions in a PC classroom, and Labs are 90-minute sessions in a conference room. This committee reports to the FOSS4G 2010 Local Organization Committee.
The Commitee should be a small group of OSGeo members with experience organizing other FOSS4G conference workshops and/or in well knowledge of GFOSS sector. Barcelona area and Spanish members are wellcome. Candidates please add contact info below.
Discussion to be hold in public mailing list. Meetings via IRC, or conference calls if needed when dates come closer.
FOSS4G Workshop Committee Members
- Oscar Fonts local contact
- (Add yourself)
Workshop and Tutorial selection criteria
The Workshop Commitee Members will privately vote for Workshop and tutorial candidates
- Meets conference mandate:
- Matches with the themes of the conference
- Makes use of software that is both "free" and "open source"
- Submission's technical requirements can be met by the conference facilities
- Demonstrates practical applications
- Addresses any of the special interest topics stated in FOSS4G_2010_Press_Release_3#FOSS4G_2010_Call_for_Workshops_and_Tutorials (not mandatory)
- Expected level of attendee interest in the workshop topic
- Likelyhood of a quality workshop:
- Expertise of the workshop presenters in the workshop subject matter
- Presenters personal experience presenting workshops at other conferences
- Successful workshop presented at prior FOSS4G/GFOSS conferences
Workshops will be hold in a separate venue provided with PC classrooms. Negotiating with public universites in Barcelona.
- Monday Sep 6 morning session
- Monday Sep 6 afternoon session
- Tuesday Sep 7 morning session
Will be using 2 or 3 of these time slots, depending on general conference schedule and room availability.
1.5 hour sessions simultaneous to conference talks, in standard venue rooms. Timetable to be determined.
- Jan 15, Opening Call for Workshops/Tutorials
- Jan 30, Closing Call for Workshops/Tutorials
- Feb 1-15, Workshop/Tutorial selection process
- Feb 16, Notification of acceptance for workshops/tutorials
- Feb 22, Registration for workshops and tutorials opens
- Sep 6-7, FOSS4G Workshops
- Sep 7-9, FOSS4G Tutorials