Difference between revisions of "FOSS4G 2011 Code Sprint"

From OSGeo
Jump to: navigation, search
 
(60 intermediate revisions by 37 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
== Code Sprint - what's that?  ==
 
== Code Sprint - what's that?  ==
  
[[Image:Code-sprint-foss4g2010.jpg|thumb|400px|FOSS4G 2010 code sprint, in Barcelona]]
+
[[Image:Code-sprint-foss4g2011.png|thumb|400px|FOSS4G 2011 Code Sprint]] A code sprint is about getting a group together to work on Open Source software, sitting around a table and sharing ideas. It's not just about writing code, as you know a project has many needs including documentation, testing, and providing feedback. What a better way to give feedback and give back to the project that you love than to spend a day with the project's developers. There are roles needed to be filled, no matter what your expertise.  
A code sprint is about getting a group together to work on Open Source software, sitting around a table and sharing ideas. It's not just about writing code, as you know a project has many needs including documentation, testing, and providing feedback. What a better way to give feedback and give back to the project that you love than to spend a day with the project's developers. There are roles needed to be filled, no matter what your expertise.
+
  
With such a short timeframe (one day) you should probably use this page to set a specific goal for your project. But don't worry, if all you get done is actually sitting at the same table with the project's developers and talking about the next release, that is also great :)
+
With such a short timeframe (one day) you should probably use this page to set a specific goal for your project. But don't worry, if all you get done is actually sitting at the same table with the project's developers and talking about the next release, that is also great :)
  
 
== Venue  ==
 
== Venue  ==
Line 11: Line 10:
 
*Time: '''9am-5pm'''  ([http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2011&month=9&day=17&hour=15&min=0&sec=0 timeandate])   
 
*Time: '''9am-5pm'''  ([http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2011&month=9&day=17&hour=15&min=0&sec=0 timeandate])   
 
*'''Where:''' [http://www.tivoli.org/tivoli/ Tivoli Student Union building] (a former brewery), Auraria Campus
 
*'''Where:''' [http://www.tivoli.org/tivoli/ Tivoli Student Union building] (a former brewery), Auraria Campus
[[Image:Tivoli-logo.jpg|150px]]
+
 
 +
[[Image:Tivoli-logo.jpg|150px|Tivoli-logo.jpg]]  
  
 
  Tivoli Student Union
 
  Tivoli Student Union
 
  900 Auraria Parkway
 
  900 Auraria Parkway
 
  Denver, CO
 
  Denver, CO
  '''[http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=39.745249&lon=-105.005806&zoom=18&layers=M OSM map]'''
+
  '''[http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=39.745249&lon=-105.005806&zoom=18&layers=M OSM map]''' - '''[http://g.co/maps/c9eb Google map ]''' - '''[http://maps.google.com/maps?q=tivoli,+denver,+co&hl=en&ll=39.7464,-105.001415&spn=0.002401,0.006866&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=40.409448,79.013672&vpsrc=0&t=h&z=18&layer=c&cbll=39.7464,-105.001415&panoid=DZVzTs0PjLhWerTJvFchhA&cbp=12,251.13,,0,-2.25 street view (distant tower in center)]'''
  
 
*'''Rooms: (each room has a 60-70 person capacity)'''  
 
*'''Rooms: (each room has a 60-70 person capacity)'''  
** room 440/540 (bilevel)
+
**room 440/540 (bilevel)  
** room 640
+
**room 640
 +
 
 +
== What to Bring  ==
  
== What to Bring ==
+
*power bars (only outlets for 30 computers exist)
  
* power bars (only outlets for 30 computers exist)
+
== How to get there from the Sheraton  ==
  
== How to get there from the Sheraton ==
+
The easiest way to get there from the Sheraton is to catch the free shuttle bus along 16th Street to Larimer, then it's about a half mile walk from there (7-10 minutes) - just take a left on Larimer and keep going straight into the campus. More detail to come shortly on how to get to the exact rooms etc.
  
The easiest way to get there from the Sheraton is to catch the free shuttle bus along 16th Street to Larimer, then it's about a half mile walk from there (7-10 minutes) - just take a left on Larimer and keep going straight into the campus. More detail to come shortly on how to get to the exact rooms etc.
+
Look for the tower elevators sign. You can come up elevator or stairs to 4th floor.
  
 
== Sponsor  ==
 
== Sponsor  ==
  
Please! contact organizers: Rafael Moreno, or [[Jeff McKenna]]
+
Please! contact organizers: Rafael Moreno, or [[Jeff McKenna]]  
  
== Questions/Comments/Ideas ==
+
== Questions/Comments/Ideas ==
  
* ask on the foss4g2011 mailing list ([http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/foss4g2011 subscribe])
+
*ask on the foss4g2011 mailing list ([http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/foss4g2011 subscribe])
  
 
== Additional Interested People  ==
 
== Additional Interested People  ==
Line 42: Line 44:
 
The following people are potentially interested in participating in sprinting activities though have not yet established a Workgroup.  
 
The following people are potentially interested in participating in sprinting activities though have not yet established a Workgroup.  
  
* name:project
+
*name:project
  
* [[Daniel Kastl]]
+
*[[Mike Adair]]  
* Haruyuki Seki
+
*[[User:Olt|Oliver Tonnhofer]] I like to work on tiling stuff (MapProxy) or Python geo APIs (Shapely, imposm).
 +
*Morten Lindegaard
 +
*[[User:Yoichi|Yoichi Kayama]]
 +
* Jachym Cepicky
 +
*[[User:daniel.miranda|Daniel Miranda]]
  
 
= Workgroups  =
 
= Workgroups  =
Line 55: Line 61:
 
'''Attending:'''  
 
'''Attending:'''  
  
* user
+
*user  
* user
+
*user
  
 
'''Goals:'''  
 
'''Goals:'''  
  
* your goals
+
*your goals
 +
 
 +
<br>
 +
 
 +
== Potlatch2 I18N/L10N ==
 +
 
 +
'''Attending:'''
 +
 
 +
*[[User:Miurahr|Hiroshi Miura]]
 +
*
 +
 
 +
'''Goals:'''
 +
 
 +
*I18N/L10N complete
 +
*Japanese, Indonesian, and Chinese translations
 +
 
 +
'''Tracker:'''
 +
http://trac.openstreetmap.org/ticket/3674
 +
 
 +
'''Repository:'''
 +
https://github.com/osmfj/potlatch2/tree/i18n
 +
https://github.com/openstreetmap/potlatch2
 +
 
 +
<br>
 +
 
 +
== GeoExt  ==
 +
 
 +
'''Attending:'''
 +
 
 +
*[[User:Rdewit|Roald de Wit]]
 +
*[[User:Mpriour|Matt Priour]]
 +
*...
 +
 
 +
'''Goals:'''
 +
 
 +
*Getting GeoExt to work with ExtJS4
  
 
== MapQuery  ==
 
== MapQuery  ==
Line 66: Line 107:
 
'''Attending:'''  
 
'''Attending:'''  
  
* [[User:Vmische|Volker Mische]]
+
*[[User:Vmische|Volker Mische]]  
* [[User:stvn|Steven M. Ottens]]
+
*[[User:Stvn|Steven M. Ottens]]  
* user
+
*[[User:H0st1le|Justin Penka]]
  
 
'''Goals:'''  
 
'''Goals:'''  
  
* Making MapQUery more awesome
+
*Making MapQUery more awesome  
* Talk to OpenLayers 3 people about the future
+
*Talk to OpenLayers 3 people about the future
  
 
== PostGIS  ==
 
== PostGIS  ==
Line 79: Line 120:
 
'''Attending:'''  
 
'''Attending:'''  
  
* Paul Ramsey
+
*Paul Ramsey  
* Pierre Racine
+
*Pierre Racine  
* David Bitner
+
*David Bitner  
* you?
+
*Brian Hamlin
 +
*Bborie Park
 +
*Leo Hsu
 +
*Regina Obe
 +
*Olivier Courtin
 +
*you?
  
 
'''Goals:'''  
 
'''Goals:'''  
  
* Close bugs and triage for 2.0 release
+
*Close bugs and triage for 2.0 release
 +
 
 +
'''Bounties'''
 +
 
 +
The brazilian federal police guy has souvenirs for whoever solves these bugs:
 +
*<strike>[http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/1091 Bug #1091]</strike> Fixed by Paul Ramsey. Thanks, Paul!
 +
*[http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/1198 Bug #1198]
 +
*[http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/1200 Bug #1200]
 +
*<strike>[http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/1197 Bug #1197]</strike> (actually not a bug) Claimable by Mark Cave-Ayland. Anyone volunteers to deliver him his mug?
 +
Look for the white shirt guy with souvenirs over the table.
  
 
== Opticks  ==
 
== Opticks  ==
Line 92: Line 147:
 
'''Attending:'''  
 
'''Attending:'''  
  
* Kip Streithorst
+
*Kip Streithorst  
* Trevor Clarke
+
*Trevor Clarke  
* Michael Considine
+
*Michael Considine
  
 
'''Goals:'''  
 
'''Goals:'''  
  
* TBD
+
*Enhance scripting support. See [http://opticks.org/confluence/x/6IBl this page] for more information.
 +
*TBD
  
'''Possible:'''
+
'''Possible:'''  
* Work with OSSIM developers to apply OSSIM patches developed by the Opticks developers.
+
* Co-registration/image-to-image registration tool to replace Data Fusion
+
* Open source the Opticks unit tests
+
* Misc small enhancements and bug fixes
+
* Add georectification and orthorectification
+
* Prototype an OpenGL 2.1 based rendering pipeline
+
* Fix AEB installation to support auto-elevation, no need to start-up app with admin privs
+
* automatically restart Opticks to complete installation and uninstallation
+
* replace band math with raster math
+
* Prototype a multithreaded raster algorithm library
+
* Prototype am OpenCL/CUDA raster algorithm library
+
  
'''Collaborate:'''
+
*Work with OSSIM developers to apply OSSIM patches developed by the Opticks developers.
* OSSIM
+
*Co-registration/image-to-image registration tool to replace Data Fusion
 +
*Open source the Opticks unit tests
 +
*Misc small enhancements and bug fixes
 +
*Add georectification and orthorectification
 +
*Prototype an OpenGL 2.1 based rendering pipeline
 +
*Fix AEB installation to support auto-elevation, no need to start-up app with admin privs
 +
*automatically restart Opticks to complete installation and uninstallation
 +
*replace band math with raster math
 +
*Prototype a multithreaded raster algorithm library
 +
*Prototype am OpenCL/CUDA raster algorithm library
 +
 
 +
'''Collaborate:'''  
 +
 
 +
*OSSIM
  
 
== Mapnik  ==
 
== Mapnik  ==
  
I ([[User:springmeyer|Dane Springmeyer]]) can't make the code sprint (leaving the night of the 16th),
+
I ([[User:Springmeyer|Dane Springmeyer]]) can't make the code sprint (leaving the night of the 16th), so catch me during the conference to chat Mapnik coding.  
so catch me during the conference to chat Mapnik coding.
+
  
 
== OSGeo edu  ==
 
== OSGeo edu  ==
Line 125: Line 182:
 
'''Attending:'''  
 
'''Attending:'''  
  
* Ari Jolma
+
*Ari Jolma  
 +
*[[User:Wildintellect|Alex Mandel]]
 +
*[[User:Danielkastl|Daniel Kastl]]
  
'''Goals:'''
+
'''Goals:'''  
  
Possible things to do:
+
Possible things to do:  
  
* Set up a repository for joint development of edu materials and kick-start a few projects
+
*Set up a repository for joint development of edu materials and kick-start a few projects  
* Gather/organize materials for Desktop GIS or Web GIS workbooks
+
*Gather/organize materials for Desktop GIS or Web GIS workbooks  
 +
*Investigate Multi-lingual CMS options
  
 
== MapServer  ==
 
== MapServer  ==
Line 138: Line 198:
 
'''Attending:'''  
 
'''Attending:'''  
  
* Michael Smith
+
*Michael Smith  
* [[Jeff McKenna]]
+
*[[Jeff McKenna]]  
* [[Thomas Bonfort]]
+
*[[Thomas Bonfort]]  
* [[User:Schpidi|Stephan Meissl]]
+
*[[User:Schpidi|Stephan Meissl]]  
* [[User:fschindler|Fabian Schindler]]
+
*[[User:Fschindler|Fabian Schindler]]  
* [[User:Dmorissette|Daniel Morissette]]
+
*[[User:Dmorissette|Daniel Morissette]]  
 +
*[[User:Lagerratrobe|Roger Andre]]
 +
*[[User:Timheuer|Tim-Hinnerk Heuer]]
 +
*[[User:hammj|Jeff Hamm]]
 +
*[[User:Pirmin_Kalberer|Pirmin Kalberer]] (Ruby bindings)
 +
easing MapServer upgrade process (from 5 to 6 or possibly beyond) with XML/XSLT transformation. Please view&nbsp;[https://docs.google.com/document/d/1M1GFhgJdoB7_RDOCEmXf1GUg-fKtHTgzqmVh6lM-S8w/edit?hl=en_US docs.google.com/document/d/1M1GFhgJdoB7_RDOCEmXf1GUg-fKtHTgzqmVh6lM-S8w/edit]&nbsp;for details.
 +
*[[User:Panzel|Phil Anzel]]
 +
 
 +
'''Meeting Notes:'''
 +
 
 +
* http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2011_Code_Sprint/MapServer
  
 
== libLAS / PDAL  ==
 
== libLAS / PDAL  ==
Line 149: Line 219:
 
'''Attending:'''  
 
'''Attending:'''  
  
* Michael Smith
+
*Michael Smith  
 +
*Howard butler
 +
*mpg
  
 
== GeoMOOSE  ==
 
== GeoMOOSE  ==
Line 155: Line 227:
 
'''Attending:'''  
 
'''Attending:'''  
  
* Brian Fischer
+
*Brian Fischer  
* Bob Basques
+
*Bob Basques  
* Jim Klassen
+
*Jim Klassen  
* you?
+
*Eli Adam
 +
*Dan "Ducky" Little
 +
*Brent Fraser
 +
*you?
  
 
'''Goals:'''  
 
'''Goals:'''  
  
* Testing and bug fixes for 2.6 release
+
*Testing and bug fixes for 2.6 release  
* Documentation
+
*Documentation
  
 
== ZOO-Project  ==
 
== ZOO-Project  ==
Line 169: Line 244:
 
'''Attending:'''  
 
'''Attending:'''  
  
* Nicolas Bozon
+
*Nicolas Bozon  
* [[User:djay|Gérald Fenoy]]
+
*[[User:Djay|Gérald Fenoy]]
 +
*Luca Delucchi
  
 +
<br>
  
== uDig ==
+
== uDig ==
  
 
'''Attending:'''  
 
'''Attending:'''  
  
* [[User:Jive|Jody Garnett]]
+
*[[User:Jive|Jody Garnett]]  
 +
*[[User:Kengu|Kenneth Gulbrandsøy]] (IRC)
  
 
'''Goals:'''  
 
'''Goals:'''  
  
* TBD
+
*TBD
  
'''Possible:'''
+
'''Possible:'''  
  
* roll out CDO and a bit of QA on EMF goodness
+
*roll out CDO and a bit of QA on EMF goodness  
* migrate user guide to help plugin (since Eclipse has a Wiki Editor that supports textile)
+
*migrate user guide to help plugin (since Eclipse has a Wiki Editor that supports textile)  
* refactor to *eu.udig* and make a verison release
+
*refactor to *eu.udig* and make a verison release  
* GeoTools as OSGi (no more net.refractions.udig.libs) - see GeoTools below as this would require collaborative effort
+
*GeoTools as OSGi (no more net.refractions.udig.libs) - see GeoTools below as this would require collaborative effort
  
== GeoTools ==
+
== GeoTools ==
  
 
'''Attending:'''  
 
'''Attending:'''  
  
* [[User:Jive|Jody Garnett]]
+
*[[User:Jive|Jody Garnett]]
  
 
'''Goals:'''  
 
'''Goals:'''  
  
* TBD
+
*TBD
  
'''Possible:'''
+
'''Possible:'''
 +
 
 +
*Implement Query/Join for more than just JDBC-NG code
 +
*Get OSGi bundle information sorted (collaborate with downstream applications )
 +
*Set up new developers
 +
*Major Bug stomp
 +
*Technical Debt (FunctioName details; Remove old Filter code from test cases etc...)
 +
 
 +
'''Collaboration:'''
 +
 
 +
*uDig: Collaborate on OSGi rollout (ie Equinox testing)
 +
*GeoServer: Collaborate on OSGi rollout (ie Spring testing)
 +
*Zoo-Project: collaborate on WPS Client testing?
 +
 
 +
== 52North-WPS  ==
 +
 
 +
'''Attending:'''
 +
 
 +
*Bastian Schäffer
 +
*Benjamin Pross
 +
*Robert Gibb
 +
 
 +
'''Goals:'''
 +
 
 +
*Open Disucssion about technical aspects
 +
*Open Disucssion about use cases
 +
*Open Uncertainty Discussions: UncertML, netCDF-U
 +
 
 +
== GRASS GIS ==
 +
 
 +
'''Attending:'''
 +
 
 +
*Luca Delucchi
 +
 
 +
'''Goals:'''
 +
 
 +
*Testing GRASS 7 scripts
 +
*Closing some Python bugs
 +
*Italian translation
 +
 
 +
== GeoHex  ==
 +
 
 +
GeoHex is a hexagonal geo-coding system created by sa2sa.
 +
https://sites.google.com/site/geohexdocs/
 +
 
 +
'''Attending:'''
 +
 
 +
*[[User:Hal_sk|Hal Seki]]
 +
 
 +
'''Goals:'''
 +
 
 +
*Implement geohex-gem version 3.
 +
 
 +
'''Possible:'''
 +
 
 +
*Implement other language libraries.
 +
*Make a cool demo app using geohex.
 +
 
 +
 
 +
<br>
 +
 
 +
== System Administration Committee ==
 +
 
 +
Spend some time improving OSGeo Web Services
 +
 
 +
'''Goals'''
 +
 
 +
*Improve LDAP Scripts
 +
*Secure all logins
 +
*Improve Backups
 +
 
 +
 
 +
<br>
 +
 
 +
== OpenGeoSuite Translation ==
 +
http://opengeo.org/technology/suite/
 +
 
 +
https://sites.google.com/a/opengeo.org/opengeo-translation/
 +
 
 +
http://groups.google.com/a/opengeo.org/group/translations/
 +
 
 +
Translation in Japanese
 +
 
 +
'''Attending:'''
 +
 
 +
*[[User:Mapconcierge|MAPconcierge(Taichi FURUHASHI)]]
 +
 
 +
'''Goals:'''  
  
* Implement Query/Join for more than just JDBC-NG code
+
*Translation in Japanese.
* Get OSGi bundle information sorted (collaborate with downstream applications )
+
* Set up new developers
+
* Major Bug stomp
+
* Technical Debt (FunctioName details; Remove old Filter code from test cases etc...)
+
  
'''Collaboration:'''
 
  
* uDig: Collaborate on OSGi rollout (ie Equinox testing)
 
* GeoServer: Collaborate on OSGi rollout (ie Spring testing)
 
* Zoo-Project: collaborate on WPS Client testing?
 
  
 
[[Category:FOSS4G2011]]
 
[[Category:FOSS4G2011]]
[[Category:FOSS4G]]
+
[[Category:Code_Sprints]]

Latest revision as of 03:59, 25 February 2015

Code Sprint - what's that?

FOSS4G 2011 Code Sprint
A code sprint is about getting a group together to work on Open Source software, sitting around a table and sharing ideas. It's not just about writing code, as you know a project has many needs including documentation, testing, and providing feedback. What a better way to give feedback and give back to the project that you love than to spend a day with the project's developers. There are roles needed to be filled, no matter what your expertise.

With such a short timeframe (one day) you should probably use this page to set a specific goal for your project. But don't worry, if all you get done is actually sitting at the same table with the project's developers and talking about the next release, that is also great :)

Venue

Tivoli-logo.jpg

Tivoli Student Union
900 Auraria Parkway
Denver, CO
OSM map - Google map  - street view (distant tower in center)
  • Rooms: (each room has a 60-70 person capacity)
    • room 440/540 (bilevel)
    • room 640

What to Bring

  • power bars (only outlets for 30 computers exist)

How to get there from the Sheraton

The easiest way to get there from the Sheraton is to catch the free shuttle bus along 16th Street to Larimer, then it's about a half mile walk from there (7-10 minutes) - just take a left on Larimer and keep going straight into the campus. More detail to come shortly on how to get to the exact rooms etc.

Look for the tower elevators sign. You can come up elevator or stairs to 4th floor.

Please! contact organizers: Rafael Moreno, or Jeff McKenna

Questions/Comments/Ideas

  • ask on the foss4g2011 mailing list (subscribe)

Additional Interested People

The following people are potentially interested in participating in sprinting activities though have not yet established a Workgroup.

  • name:project

Workgroups

To participate, copy a project skeleton and start a section below for your project.

Project-name

Attending:

  • user
  • user

Goals:

  • your goals


Potlatch2 I18N/L10N

Attending:

Goals:

  • I18N/L10N complete
  • Japanese, Indonesian, and Chinese translations

Tracker: http://trac.openstreetmap.org/ticket/3674

Repository: https://github.com/osmfj/potlatch2/tree/i18n https://github.com/openstreetmap/potlatch2


GeoExt

Attending:

Goals:

  • Getting GeoExt to work with ExtJS4

MapQuery

Attending:

Goals:

  • Making MapQUery more awesome
  • Talk to OpenLayers 3 people about the future

PostGIS

Attending:

  • Paul Ramsey
  • Pierre Racine
  • David Bitner
  • Brian Hamlin
  • Bborie Park
  • Leo Hsu
  • Regina Obe
  • Olivier Courtin
  • you?

Goals:

  • Close bugs and triage for 2.0 release

Bounties

The brazilian federal police guy has souvenirs for whoever solves these bugs:

Look for the white shirt guy with souvenirs over the table.

Opticks

Attending:

  • Kip Streithorst
  • Trevor Clarke
  • Michael Considine

Goals:

  • Enhance scripting support. See this page for more information.
  • TBD

Possible:

  • Work with OSSIM developers to apply OSSIM patches developed by the Opticks developers.
  • Co-registration/image-to-image registration tool to replace Data Fusion
  • Open source the Opticks unit tests
  • Misc small enhancements and bug fixes
  • Add georectification and orthorectification
  • Prototype an OpenGL 2.1 based rendering pipeline
  • Fix AEB installation to support auto-elevation, no need to start-up app with admin privs
  • automatically restart Opticks to complete installation and uninstallation
  • replace band math with raster math
  • Prototype a multithreaded raster algorithm library
  • Prototype am OpenCL/CUDA raster algorithm library

Collaborate:

  • OSSIM

Mapnik

I (Dane Springmeyer) can't make the code sprint (leaving the night of the 16th), so catch me during the conference to chat Mapnik coding.

OSGeo edu

Attending:

Goals:

Possible things to do:

  • Set up a repository for joint development of edu materials and kick-start a few projects
  • Gather/organize materials for Desktop GIS or Web GIS workbooks
  • Investigate Multi-lingual CMS options

MapServer

Attending:

easing MapServer upgrade process (from 5 to 6 or possibly beyond) with XML/XSLT transformation. Please view docs.google.com/document/d/1M1GFhgJdoB7_RDOCEmXf1GUg-fKtHTgzqmVh6lM-S8w/edit for details.

Meeting Notes:

libLAS / PDAL

Attending:

  • Michael Smith
  • Howard butler
  • mpg

GeoMOOSE

Attending:

  • Brian Fischer
  • Bob Basques
  • Jim Klassen
  • Eli Adam
  • Dan "Ducky" Little
  • Brent Fraser
  • you?

Goals:

  • Testing and bug fixes for 2.6 release
  • Documentation

ZOO-Project

Attending:


uDig

Attending:

Goals:

  • TBD

Possible:

  • roll out CDO and a bit of QA on EMF goodness
  • migrate user guide to help plugin (since Eclipse has a Wiki Editor that supports textile)
  • refactor to *eu.udig* and make a verison release
  • GeoTools as OSGi (no more net.refractions.udig.libs) - see GeoTools below as this would require collaborative effort

GeoTools

Attending:

Goals:

  • TBD

Possible:

  • Implement Query/Join for more than just JDBC-NG code
  • Get OSGi bundle information sorted (collaborate with downstream applications )
  • Set up new developers
  • Major Bug stomp
  • Technical Debt (FunctioName details; Remove old Filter code from test cases etc...)

Collaboration:

  • uDig: Collaborate on OSGi rollout (ie Equinox testing)
  • GeoServer: Collaborate on OSGi rollout (ie Spring testing)
  • Zoo-Project: collaborate on WPS Client testing?

52North-WPS

Attending:

  • Bastian Schäffer
  • Benjamin Pross
  • Robert Gibb

Goals:

  • Open Disucssion about technical aspects
  • Open Disucssion about use cases
  • Open Uncertainty Discussions: UncertML, netCDF-U

GRASS GIS

Attending:

  • Luca Delucchi

Goals:

  • Testing GRASS 7 scripts
  • Closing some Python bugs
  • Italian translation

GeoHex

GeoHex is a hexagonal geo-coding system created by sa2sa. https://sites.google.com/site/geohexdocs/

Attending:

Goals:

  • Implement geohex-gem version 3.

Possible:

  • Implement other language libraries.
  • Make a cool demo app using geohex.



System Administration Committee

Spend some time improving OSGeo Web Services

Goals

  • Improve LDAP Scripts
  • Secure all logins
  • Improve Backups



OpenGeoSuite Translation

http://opengeo.org/technology/suite/

https://sites.google.com/a/opengeo.org/opengeo-translation/

http://groups.google.com/a/opengeo.org/group/translations/

Translation in Japanese

Attending:

Goals:

  • Translation in Japanese.