Difference between revisions of "FOSS4G 2011 Code Sprint"
|Line 160:||Line 160:|
* Bob Basques
* Bob Basques
* Jim Klassen
* Jim Klassen
Revision as of 12:03, 2 August 2011
- 1 Code Sprint - what's that?
- 2 Venue
- 3 What to Bring
- 4 How to get there from the Sheraton
- 5 Sponsor
- 6 Questions/Comments/Ideas
- 7 Additional Interested People
- 8 Workgroups
Code Sprint - what's that?
A code sprint is about getting a group together to work on Open Source software, sitting around a table and sharing ideas. It's not just about writing code, as you know a project has many needs including documentation, testing, and providing feedback. What a better way to give feedback and give back to the project that you love than to spend a day with the project's developers. There are roles needed to be filled, no matter what your expertise.
With such a short timeframe (one day) you should probably use this page to set a specific goal for your project. But don't worry, if all you get done is actually sitting at the same table with the project's developers and talking about the next release, that is also great :)
- Date: Saturday September 17th, 2011 (the day after the conference).
- Time: 9am-5pm (timeandate)
- Where: Tivoli Student Union building (a former brewery), Auraria Campus
Tivoli Student Union 900 Auraria Parkway Denver, CO OSM map
- Rooms: (each room has a 60-70 person capacity)
- room 440/540 (bilevel)
- room 640
What to Bring
- power bars (only outlets for 30 computers exist)
How to get there from the Sheraton
The easiest way to get there from the Sheraton is to catch the free shuttle bus along 16th Street to Larimer, then it's about a half mile walk from there (7-10 minutes) - just take a left on Larimer and keep going straight into the campus. More detail to come shortly on how to get to the exact rooms etc.
Please! contact organizers: Rafael Moreno, or Jeff McKenna
- ask on the foss4g2011 mailing list (subscribe)
Additional Interested People
The following people are potentially interested in participating in sprinting activities though have not yet established a Workgroup.
- Daniel Kastl
- Haruyuki Seki
To participate, copy a project skeleton and start a section below for your project.
- your goals
- Making MapQUery more awesome
- Talk to OpenLayers 3 people about the future
- Paul Ramsey
- Pierre Racine
- David Bitner
- Brian Hamlin
- Bborie Park
- Close bugs and triage for 2.0 release
- Kip Streithorst
- Trevor Clarke
- Michael Considine
- Work with OSSIM developers to apply OSSIM patches developed by the Opticks developers.
- Co-registration/image-to-image registration tool to replace Data Fusion
- Open source the Opticks unit tests
- Misc small enhancements and bug fixes
- Add georectification and orthorectification
- Prototype an OpenGL 2.1 based rendering pipeline
- Fix AEB installation to support auto-elevation, no need to start-up app with admin privs
- automatically restart Opticks to complete installation and uninstallation
- replace band math with raster math
- Prototype a multithreaded raster algorithm library
- Prototype am OpenCL/CUDA raster algorithm library
I (Dane Springmeyer) can't make the code sprint (leaving the night of the 16th), so catch me during the conference to chat Mapnik coding.
- Ari Jolma
Possible things to do:
- Set up a repository for joint development of edu materials and kick-start a few projects
- Gather/organize materials for Desktop GIS or Web GIS workbooks
libLAS / PDAL
- Michael Smith
- Brian Fischer
- Bob Basques
- Jim Klassen
- Eli Adam
- Testing and bug fixes for 2.6 release
- Nicolas Bozon
- Gérald Fenoy
- roll out CDO and a bit of QA on EMF goodness
- migrate user guide to help plugin (since Eclipse has a Wiki Editor that supports textile)
- refactor to *eu.udig* and make a verison release
- GeoTools as OSGi (no more net.refractions.udig.libs) - see GeoTools below as this would require collaborative effort
- Implement Query/Join for more than just JDBC-NG code
- Get OSGi bundle information sorted (collaborate with downstream applications )
- Set up new developers
- Major Bug stomp
- Technical Debt (FunctioName details; Remove old Filter code from test cases etc...)
- uDig: Collaborate on OSGi rollout (ie Equinox testing)
- GeoServer: Collaborate on OSGi rollout (ie Spring testing)
- Zoo-Project: collaborate on WPS Client testing?