FOSS4G 2011 Edu BOF sign up
Please add your name below in either of the two suggested OSGeo edu working sessions if you are interested in participating at FOSS4G in Denver.
BOF sessions are scheduled for Wed Sept 14th from 5:30-8:30 pm. We should definitely have a meeting then.
There is also space available for a further meeting on Saturday Sept 17th if people are around and willing to use some of that day to work on content-related activities (TBD). One idea would be to try and have a "Workbook development sprint"?
Wed Sept 14th OSGeo Edu BOF meeting 5:30-8:30 pm
- Phillip Davis, GeoTech Center
- Ari Jolma, Aalto University, Finland
- Charlie Schweik, UMass Amherst USA (by Skype)
- Walt Jaslanek, UMass Amherst, USA
- Helena Mitasova, North Carolina State University, USA
- Suchith Anand, University of Nottingham, UK (by Skype)
- Scott Mitchell, Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada
- Rafael Moreno, University of Colorado Denver
- Dan Ames, Idaho State University
Possible discussion topic items
- Short informal presentations by Phillip and Suchith on their activities in their organizations and how they see the OSGeo edu group connecting to them
- Short individual reports on OSGeo-relevant activities by other participants
- See if we can come to any consensus on what we as a group should focus on over the next 6 months... for example, can we make any progress collectively on Open Source Desktop and Web handbooks? Should that be our focus? What have individuals done over the last year and are there tangible education-related products they are willing to share with the community?
- Edu community -- enter any thoughts you have here