Difference between revisions of "FOSS4G 2011 Workshops Meetings"

From OSGeo
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 13: Line 13:
 
**** Laptops with Core Duo 2.2GHz Proc. and 3GB of RAM
 
**** Laptops with Core Duo 2.2GHz Proc. and 3GB of RAM
 
*** Printing budget
 
*** Printing budget
*** Questions from workshop submitters.
 
 
*** Timeline
 
*** Timeline
 
**** Getting computers set up
 
**** Getting computers set up
 
**** Testing live dvd
 
**** Testing live dvd
 
**** Materials from presenters
 
**** Materials from presenters
 +
*** Questions from workshop submitters.
 
*** other?
 
*** other?
  

Revision as of 18:33, 15 February 2011

  • Meetings occur through IRC chat in channel #foss4g on freenode.net
    • you can use Chatzilla for Firefox, or directly in your browser with webchat


Next IRC meeting

  • Feb 22 2011, 10AM MST
    • Agenda
      • Discounts for workshop/tutorial presenters
        • Workshops 1.5 comps/Tutorials 0.5 comps
      • Venue logistics (Update on computers)
        • Laptops with Core Duo 2.2GHz Proc. and 3GB of RAM
      • Printing budget
      • Timeline
        • Getting computers set up
        • Testing live dvd
        • Materials from presenters
      • Questions from workshop submitters.
      • other?

Previous IRC meetings

  • Feb 15 2011, 10AM MST
    • Agenda
      • Discounts for workshop/tutorial presenters
        • Workshops 1.5 comps/Tutorials 0.5 comps
      • Proposal evaluation process update
        • How should we make the announcement?
        • Announce Results: 16 Feb. 2011
      • Venue logistics (Update on computers)
        • Still no new news.
      • Printing budget
      • Questions from workshop submitters.
      • other?
    • TODO:
      • Final confirmation of comps for workshops/tutorials from LOC
      • Present the list of workshops and turoials to the LOC.
      • Contact workshops proposers that have been accepted as tutorials for confirmation that this is ok
      • Ask for update on computers for workshops at LOC meeting.
      • Bring up budget for workshop materials (handouts, etc.) to LOC
      • Respond to proposals:
        • Jeff will make a response template
        • Chris will cOntact workshops proposers that have been accepted as tutorials for confirmation that this is ok
        • We'll split the submitters up and Chris, Jeff and Ben will respond to each individually.
        • Post selections to the website and make an annoucement on the list serv.
    • Log
  • Feb 8 2011, 10AM MST
    • Agenda
      • Late Submissions
        • Jeff received another late submission, how shall this be handled?
        • NOTE: Decided to accept as a Tutorial
      • Discounts for workshop/tutorial presenters
        • Still not definitive, but close
      • Proposal evaluation process
        • Need to get this started, deadline 16 Feb. 2011
      • Venue logistics (Update on computers)
        • Still waiting on more info
      • Questions from workshop submitters.
      • other?
    • Tasks
      • Discuss number of tutorials with LOC (thinking about 20).
    • Log
  • Feb 1 2011, 10AM MST
    • Agenda
      • Discounts for workshop/tutorial presenters
      • Starting the proposal evaluation process
      • Venue logistics (Computers/Number of concurrent and total sessions)
      • How to deal with late submissions?
      • Questions from workshop submitters.
      • other?
    • Tasks
      • Look into upgrading the laptops from the current specs
      • Discuss volunteer committee with the LOC and possible student passes for volunteers.
      • What are the final discounts for presenters (Discuss with the LOC)
    • Logs
  • Jan 25 2011, 10AM MST
    • Agenda
      • discounts for workshop/tutorial presenters
      • proposal evaluation process
      • venue logistics
    • Outcome
      • Proposal evaluation will be ranked by the workshop committee plus the conference chair and then presented to the LOC for input.
      • Each evaluator will rank the proposals: 15 points for the best ones, 14 for the second, and so on...
    • Tasks
      • Review proposal submissions for under represented projects and send out reminders if needed (Complete by 26 January 2011)
      • Discuss discounts for presenters with the LOC (Does this include tutorial presenters as well as workshop presenters?).
      • Discuss venue logistics with LOC, need more details.
        • After the LOC meeting we seem good for 4 sessions of 6 workshops, could maybe add more if needed. Should be fine to have GITA install an image on all the workshop computers.
    • Logs


  • Jan 18 2011, 10AM MST
    • Tasks:
      • Get access to the current workshop submissions and share via Google Docs
      • Get more information about the venue (workstation specs, access, size of rooms, etc.)
      • Consider quota for innovative workshops this year
      • Send out workshop call reminders/nudges to unrepresented projects if needed
      • Decide on the review process to rank proposals
    • Logs