FOSS4G 2012 Meeting 2012-06-26
Jump to navigation Jump to search
From China LOC:
- Ang Gao
- Xun Yan
From International Volunteer Group:
- Cameron Shorter
- Bo Guo
- Tanner Lin
Date & Time:
- June 26th, 2012 7:10 pm - 8:20 pm Beijing Time
- Website progress?
- Progress on selecting a conference organizer?
- Have LOC made decisions re keynote speakers? (We need not discuss specific speakers in public until they are announced, rather that the process is moving forward)
- Consolidating the program.
- Refining our schedule and checklist of tasks to take us to completion
- Ang discussed about contacting 3SNews, a PCO, for help. Ang forwarded the letter to Cameron
- 3SNews is a media company in GIS, who recently organized this meeting: http://wgdc2012.3snews.net/
- We currently do not have a PCO. Ang suggested bring people from 3S News for our next meeting.
- Ang will contact 3SNews in the morning on PCO arrangement.
- Important functions of the conference website is still buggy or missing. Mymova fixed some bugs but could use help from for testing.
- Tanner and Bo both volunteered to conduct test. Bo thought changing web maintainer at this point is risky.
- Bo recommended to have tester direct access to the developer could speed up the bug fix process. Xun will be responsible for contacting Mymova web maintenance related issues frequently.
- Cameron stated that need to break the project down into tasks and start active and constant management.
- Ang indicated difficult to assign tasks to LOC members, such as responding to emails, sending invitation letters to participant for visa applications.
- It was decided to use collaborative cloud site for tasks list maintenance. Bo and Tanner will set it up as a start.
- Ang on PCO
- Tanner on mailbox management
- Tanner and Bo on testing Skydrive
- Bo post the task list on Skydrive
- Xun and Tanner on website maintenance.