Difference between revisions of "FOSS4G 2014 Planning Meeting 18th November"

From OSGeo
Jump to: navigation, search
 
(22 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 3: Line 3:
  
 
==  
 
==  
''NOTE: Next meeting will be Monday(?) December 2nd @ 5:45pm at Renewable Funding to follow-up on the action items below. We will meet every 2 weeks from now to the end of the year.'' ==
+
''NOTE: Next meeting will be Tuesday December 3nd @ 5:45pm at Renewable Funding to follow-up on the action items below. We will meet every 2 weeks from now to the end of the year.'' ==
  
  
 
'''Attending:'''  
 
'''Attending:'''  
 
* In the room: Molly, Darrell, Reid
 
* In the room: Molly, Darrell, Reid
* On the phone: Eli, Matt, Tanya, Neil, Greg
+
* On the phone: Eli, Matt, Tanya, Neil, Greg, Percy
  
  
 
'''Agenda'''
 
'''Agenda'''
 
* See also previous meeting notes, [[FOSS4G 2014 Planning Meeting 12th November]]
 
* See also previous meeting notes, [[FOSS4G 2014 Planning Meeting 12th November]]
 +
 
* Platform for managing paper submissions
 
* Platform for managing paper submissions
 
** Molly presented on several options
 
** Molly presented on several options
 
** We can expect 400+ submission
 
** We can expect 400+ submission
 
** Need to check if there is existing community voting method
 
** Need to check if there is existing community voting method
 +
 
* WhereCampPDX co-location with Code Sprint
 
* WhereCampPDX co-location with Code Sprint
* GIS Day video
+
** Reid gives some background on Eliot Center and wifi provider
* Sponsorship updates
+
** Sponsorships through FOSS4G add-on and WhereCampPDX on smaller local companies
 +
** Previous year's budget link to get added here _______ or sent to list
 +
** Mostly dedicate code sprint space (shared for morning announcements and lunch)
 +
** Not necessarily combined registration
 +
** Stumptown mostly taking lead on organizing for both days, FOSS4G probably venue, food
 +
** Avoid last day FOSS4G double booking with WhereCampPDX party, possible opportunity to combine on OSGeo Annual Meeting and then progress to party
 +
 
 
* logo design process
 
* logo design process
 +
** Timeline will be sent to list (December 23rd for final)
 +
** Concept research, send ideas starting now
 +
** PDX is (mostly) consensus for name
 +
** Last opportunity to brainstorm ideas and pass along to Elizabeth
 +
 +
* Sponsorship updates
 +
** Mountain theme, Mt. Tabor, St. Helen's
 +
** Lists have been assembled, need to remove duplicates
 +
** Review for appropriate contacts
 +
** Some focused email and phone follow up
 +
** Mailchimp, constant contact or something else to track outreach
 +
** Roll out soon (before logo)
 +
** Need to determine source to keep all this in (shared google doc?)
 +
 
* Hotel
 
* Hotel
 +
** Not very interested in Hotel block, too high a risk
 +
** Convention center
 +
 +
* GIS Day video
 +
** Contact Madeline or Christine for Darrell to make announcement
 +
* ORURISA/GIS In Action coordination
 +
** Occasional announcements
 +
** Regular Announcements
 +
** Program Announcement
 +
** Potential media sponsor?  Professional organization affiliation? ORURISA and/or URISA?
 +
* Press Releases
 +
** Percy will proofread
 +
** Darrell will help
 +
** Nate is really good at this stuff, Percy will talk with him
 +
** Need outlets/media sponsors, see media sponsors at  [http://2013.foss4g.org/ 2013]
 +
 +
* Academic Update
 +
** Do we want to keep using existing OJS instance? (i.e. we could take overpayment and administration)
 +
** Helena interested in helping at AGU
 +
 +
* Website
 +
** Darrell to send email update on this
 +
 
* Nottingham details coming in, [[FOSS4G2013_Cookbook]]
 
* Nottingham details coming in, [[FOSS4G2013_Cookbook]]
* ORURISA coordination?
 
  
 +
* Sending update
 +
** Required to Board
 +
** Discuss too
  
 +
'''To do list before next meeting'''
 +
* Eli to do theme recap on list, either come to decision or pass raw material to Elizabeth
 +
* Percy to respond to Helena on AGU
 +
* <s>Percy to email Nate DiNiro about outreach</s> Percy did this, will report back
 +
* Percy to look into (existing) OJS more
 +
* Darrell to contact Paul Ramsey about community voting
 +
* Reid to send budget outline
 +
* Eli to combine sponsor list and start
 +
* Eli to come up with Press Release schedule and combine with Molly
 +
* Darrell to sign up for mailchimp
 +
* <s>Eli to come up with shared source for sponsorship stuff</s> Done, teamworkpm for now
  
 
[[Category:FOSS4G2014]]
 
[[Category:FOSS4G2014]]
 
[[Category:PDX-OSGeo]]
 
[[Category:PDX-OSGeo]]

Latest revision as of 19:44, 19 November 2013

FOSS4G LOC Planning Meeting Renewable Funding November 18, 2013 5:45-7:30


== NOTE: Next meeting will be Tuesday December 3nd @ 5:45pm at Renewable Funding to follow-up on the action items below. We will meet every 2 weeks from now to the end of the year. ==


Attending:

  • In the room: Molly, Darrell, Reid
  • On the phone: Eli, Matt, Tanya, Neil, Greg, Percy


Agenda

  • Platform for managing paper submissions
    • Molly presented on several options
    • We can expect 400+ submission
    • Need to check if there is existing community voting method
  • WhereCampPDX co-location with Code Sprint
    • Reid gives some background on Eliot Center and wifi provider
    • Sponsorships through FOSS4G add-on and WhereCampPDX on smaller local companies
    • Previous year's budget link to get added here _______ or sent to list
    • Mostly dedicate code sprint space (shared for morning announcements and lunch)
    • Not necessarily combined registration
    • Stumptown mostly taking lead on organizing for both days, FOSS4G probably venue, food
    • Avoid last day FOSS4G double booking with WhereCampPDX party, possible opportunity to combine on OSGeo Annual Meeting and then progress to party
  • logo design process
    • Timeline will be sent to list (December 23rd for final)
    • Concept research, send ideas starting now
    • PDX is (mostly) consensus for name
    • Last opportunity to brainstorm ideas and pass along to Elizabeth
  • Sponsorship updates
    • Mountain theme, Mt. Tabor, St. Helen's
    • Lists have been assembled, need to remove duplicates
    • Review for appropriate contacts
    • Some focused email and phone follow up
    • Mailchimp, constant contact or something else to track outreach
    • Roll out soon (before logo)
    • Need to determine source to keep all this in (shared google doc?)
  • Hotel
    • Not very interested in Hotel block, too high a risk
    • Convention center
  • GIS Day video
    • Contact Madeline or Christine for Darrell to make announcement
  • ORURISA/GIS In Action coordination
    • Occasional announcements
    • Regular Announcements
    • Program Announcement
    • Potential media sponsor? Professional organization affiliation? ORURISA and/or URISA?
  • Press Releases
    • Percy will proofread
    • Darrell will help
    • Nate is really good at this stuff, Percy will talk with him
    • Need outlets/media sponsors, see media sponsors at 2013
  • Academic Update
    • Do we want to keep using existing OJS instance? (i.e. we could take overpayment and administration)
    • Helena interested in helping at AGU
  • Website
    • Darrell to send email update on this
  • Sending update
    • Required to Board
    • Discuss too

To do list before next meeting

  • Eli to do theme recap on list, either come to decision or pass raw material to Elizabeth
  • Percy to respond to Helena on AGU
  • Percy to email Nate DiNiro about outreach Percy did this, will report back
  • Percy to look into (existing) OJS more
  • Darrell to contact Paul Ramsey about community voting
  • Reid to send budget outline
  • Eli to combine sponsor list and start
  • Eli to come up with Press Release schedule and combine with Molly
  • Darrell to sign up for mailchimp
  • Eli to come up with shared source for sponsorship stuff Done, teamworkpm for now