Difference between revisions of "FOSS4G 2014 Planning Meeting 28th January"

From OSGeo
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 19: Line 19:
 
== Discussion ==
 
== Discussion ==
  
Website
+
===Website===
  
 
We have a website - woohoo! Sam has been working from the road and will be pushing a bunch of stuff soon. It has been making the rounds on Twitter.
 
We have a website - woohoo! Sam has been working from the road and will be pushing a bunch of stuff soon. It has been making the rounds on Twitter.
  
Call for Papers
+
===Call for Papers===
  
 
We need to draft one asap for the general tract. What should we ask people for?  
 
We need to draft one asap for the general tract. What should we ask people for?  
  
Title  
+
- Title  
Abstract (max 400 words)
+
- Abstract (max 400 words)
Keywords
+
- Keywords
Target Audience
+
- Target Audience
Name
+
- Name
Email
+
- Email
 +
- Country / state
  
 
Measure of speaking experience? debate?
 
Measure of speaking experience? debate?
  
 
We will open it up in 2 weeks (Tuesday the 11th), and close according to the schedule.
 
We will open it up in 2 weeks (Tuesday the 11th), and close according to the schedule.
 
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvyoBkcA5XiodFMzWnp5UkE0ZWNNV3JQVGZKeW5Hb1E&usp=drive_web#gid=0
 
  
 
Review process will be deliberated next time. We will probably do a blended method of community vote, followed by an internal program review that balances the program tracks.  
 
Review process will be deliberated next time. We will probably do a blended method of community vote, followed by an internal program review that balances the program tracks.  
  
Gala
+
===Gala===
  
 
WFC was pretty awesome - looks like a great venue for a Gala, and readily accessible by public transit.
 
WFC was pretty awesome - looks like a great venue for a Gala, and readily accessible by public transit.
Line 52: Line 51:
 
Transit -> 850 week long passes will cost $22,100 street price.
 
Transit -> 850 week long passes will cost $22,100 street price.
  
Sponsorship
+
===Sponsorship===
  
 
We will change the early bird date to February 28th.  
 
We will change the early bird date to February 28th.  
Line 58: Line 57:
 
Eli to send out individual outreach to past sponsors. Darrell will send the list of sponsor brainstorm ideas.
 
Eli to send out individual outreach to past sponsors. Darrell will send the list of sponsor brainstorm ideas.
  
Sponsor tasks needed in the next week:
+
====Sponsor tasks needed in the next week:====
  
 
** Need a call for sponsors, need to link to it
 
** Need a call for sponsors, need to link to it
Line 74: Line 73:
 
Will upload to TeamSitePM asap
 
Will upload to TeamSitePM asap
  
Sponsor Booth Specs
+
====Sponsor Booth Specs====
  
 
DWA Trade Show & Expo Services - does largest occc event
 
DWA Trade Show & Expo Services - does largest occc event
Line 82: Line 81:
 
Beth asks for pipe and drape color - consensus is black
 
Beth asks for pipe and drape color - consensus is black
  
Calendar
+
===Calendar===
  
 
Is everything on the calendar still reasonable? We went through the Teamwork list and checked and updated through June, so that dates  
 
Is everything on the calendar still reasonable? We went through the Teamwork list and checked and updated through June, so that dates  
  
Pricing Discussion
+
===Pricing Discussion===
  
 
We are looking on target for a 600/750 early/regular price breakout. Workshop costs are TBD pending more knowledge about sponsorships.
 
We are looking on target for a 600/750 early/regular price breakout. Workshop costs are TBD pending more knowledge about sponsorships.
  
Academic Track
+
===Academic Track===
  
 
Eli and Darrell spoke with Franz-joseph and he has drafted a CFP and will be contacting reviewers (need to confirm who is contacting?)
 
Eli and Darrell spoke with Franz-joseph and he has drafted a CFP and will be contacting reviewers (need to confirm who is contacting?)

Revision as of 21:37, 28 January 2014

FOSS4G LOCMeeting Minutes, January 14, 2014

Attending

  • In the room: Darrel, Tanya, Molly, Beth, Neill
  • On the Phone: Eli, Matt

Agenda

  • Website
  • Gala
  • Academic Track
  • Calendar
  • Sponsorship
  • Trimet
  • CFPs
  • Review Process


Discussion

Website

We have a website - woohoo! Sam has been working from the road and will be pushing a bunch of stuff soon. It has been making the rounds on Twitter.

Call for Papers

We need to draft one asap for the general tract. What should we ask people for?

- Title - Abstract (max 400 words) - Keywords - Target Audience - Name - Email - Country / state

Measure of speaking experience? debate?

We will open it up in 2 weeks (Tuesday the 11th), and close according to the schedule.

Review process will be deliberated next time. We will probably do a blended method of community vote, followed by an internal program review that balances the program tracks.

Gala

WFC was pretty awesome - looks like a great venue for a Gala, and readily accessible by public transit.

Eli suggests that we defer deciding until we know if we can get Trimet passes for everyone. Discussion. Seems like we are ok with committing to it since all venues would have transport challenges.

Beth asks about transportation - are we ok with committing to some buses (10 for now and we will drop those we don’t need by whatever deadline they specify - Beth will check). Wwe are ok with school buses.

Transit -> 850 week long passes will cost $22,100 street price.

Sponsorship

We will change the early bird date to February 28th.

Eli to send out individual outreach to past sponsors. Darrell will send the list of sponsor brainstorm ideas.

    • Need a call for sponsors, need to link to it
    • Need to eblast the known sponsor list
    • Brainstorm and contact local sponsors
    • Send individual follow-up emails to gold level and higher
    • Darrell has loaded previous attendees into MailChimp
    • Need to load sponsor list into MailChimp
    • Need to create a MailChimp template w/ our branding.
    • Need to add detailed sponsor table to website (html)

Revised PDF is here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42845001/foss4g_sponsors_flyerVII.pdf

Will upload to TeamSitePM asap

DWA Trade Show & Expo Services - does largest occc event $42 per10x10 space OCC is electrical provider $88/booth, 5amp (one plug) - we will comp the booth costs for all the sponsors unless someone asks for something tres exotique

Beth asks for pipe and drape color - consensus is black

Calendar

Is everything on the calendar still reasonable? We went through the Teamwork list and checked and updated through June, so that dates

Pricing Discussion

We are looking on target for a 600/750 early/regular price breakout. Workshop costs are TBD pending more knowledge about sponsorships.

Academic Track

Eli and Darrell spoke with Franz-joseph and he has drafted a CFP and will be contacting reviewers (need to confirm who is contacting?)