FOSS4G 2017 Code Sprint
Venue: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
This year, once again, we are following the old tradition of hosting a code sprint right after FOSS4G 2017. The code sprint will be held Saturday August 19th, 2017 at District Hall (http://www.districthallboston.org/).
Participation in the code sprint is free of charge and all folks currently involved or interested in getting involved in OSGeo community projects are welcome.
This is open to all who wish to participate in one or more projects. There’s always plenty to do – it’s not all about programming. Translation, documentation, feedback, discussions, and testing are also very important for projects! Registration with the conference is not a prerequisite for participation in code sprint.
If you plan to attend, please signup in the table below so we have ample time for planning of snacks and drinks!
One thing we’d like to ask you: with over 200 participants anticipated, the WLAN capacity will naturally be exhausted at some point. Please be sure to avoid huge on-site downloads of data, as this could impact the work of others. Thank you!
The Codesprint Organizing Team is looking forward to your coming!
- Saturday August 19th 9AM - 5PM
- Venue & Accommodation: Boston District Hall. (For more information: http://www.districthallboston.org/) [OpenStreetMap]
The Code Sprint does not cost any money. For us it makes planning easier if we know who is coming. So please leave your Name.
|1||Regina Obe||lr pcorp us||PostGIS, GDAL, pgRouting, GEOS||home||No|
|2||Leo Hsu||lr pcorp us||PostGIS, pgRouting||home||No|
|4||Vaclav Petras||wenzeslaus gmail com||GRASS GIS, PDAL||No|
|5||Anna Petrasova||akratoc gmail com||GRASS GIS||No|
|6||Helena Mitasova||hmitaso ncsu edu||GRASS GIS||No|
|7||Adam Steer||adam.steer anu edu au||PDAL,PyWPS||No|
|8||Hyung-Gyu Ryoo||hgryoo pnu edu||GeoTools, GeoServer||No|
|9||Soojin Kim||soojin.kim pnu edu||GeoTools, GeoServer||No|
|10||Dan Baston||dbaston gmail com||PostGIS, GEOS||No|
|11||Paul Ramsey||pramsey cleverelephant ca||PostGIS, GEOS||No|
|12||Brian M Hamlin||maplabs -at- light42||OSGeo Live||Yes|
|13||Ian Turton||ian -at- ianturton.com||GeoTools, GeoServer||No|
|14||Jim Klassen||jklassen -at- sharedgeo.org||GeoMoose, MapServer||No|
|15||Chris Marx||chrismarx -at- gmail.com||PostGIS||No|
|16||Lars Schylberg||lars.schylberg -at- blixtmail.se||MapServer - documentation/demo||No|
|17||Kyoung-Sook Kim||ks.kim -at- aist.go.jp||PostGIS, PDAL||No|
|19||Manuel Grizonnet||manuel.grizonnet-at-cnes.fr||OTB, OSGeo-Live, QGIS||No|
|21||Jody Garnett||GeoServer, GeoTools|
|24||Jeffrey Johnsonemail@example.com||GeoNode, OSGeo Website||No|
|25||Vicky Vergarafirstname.lastname@example.org||OSGeo Website||IRC||No Food|
|26||Yoichi Kayama||yoichi.kayama-at-gmail.com||OSGeo-Live, QGIS||No|
|27||Jachym Cepicky||jachym.cepicky gmail||PyWPS||No|
|28||Micah Wengren||micah.wengren at gmail com||CKAN, pycsw, GeoNode|
|29||Steven Feldman||shfeldman at gmail.com||OSGeo Website||Yes|
Getting the most of a code sprint takes a lot of prep. Please use this area to decide on a topic, sort out a plan of attack.
Please keep in mind that the FOSS4G conference is an outreach event. Some of the "new" volunteers are learning about open source for the first time, consider listing some activities (and perhaps having a mentor on hand to facilitate).
OSGeo website training is available throughout the day, please mark your name down to attend. We ask that a member of each OSGeo committee, local chapter, geoforall lab make plans to attend. Service providers and sponsors are also welcome.
We will be reviewing both the website publication workflow and the about.yaml structured content used by the project working group.
Attending: Jody Garnett, Jeffrey Johnson
Introduce members to the new website, editing workflow, and add to the members map.
Stop by to create your own personal "osgeo branding" using InkScape.
Answer any questions projects have on about.yaml use.
Add to the collection of presentations, videos and tutorial links.
Spatial database extender for PostgreSQL
Attending: Regina Obe, Leo Hsu, Dan Baston, Paul Ramsey
- Getting ready for PostGIS 2.4.0 release.
- Testing out what we'll be pushing.
- Thoughts on better integration with GDAL and PostGIS. Most notably the sucky support of out of db tables in GDAL.
- Better integration of document translations
Backend and desktop geospatial analysis tool
Attending: Vaclav Petras, Anna Petrasova, Helena Mitasova
Goals: Documentation, images for manual pages, and testing for next release.
GeoTools is an open source Java library that provides tools for geospatial data.
Jody Garnett, Ian Turton
- Java 9 "Service Provider Interface" compatibility
- Service Locator based FactoryRegistery replacement
- Updated factory tutorials to document FactoryRegistry replacement
New to Open Source:
- Help review and improve the geotools function list.
- Come prepaired with geotools build and development environment and review the function tutorial. We can help answer any questions if you get stuck.
Popular web application for sharing geospatial information, written in Java.
Jody Garnett, Torben Barsballe, Kevin Smith, Ian Turton
- Coordinate Java 9 upgrade with GeoTools project
New to Open Source:
- Volunteers assist with any remaining REST API docs ahead of the 2.12 release, come prepaired with a GeoServer installation and your own github id.
- Developers come prepaired with build and development environment we can help answer any questions if you get stuck.
- We will be posting to the FOSS4G OSGeo email list with updates about food and coordination.
Python implementation of OGC Web Processing Service server
Jachym Cepicky, ...
- Incubation sprint
- Logging finalization