FOSS4G 2021/Logo Contest
The Local Organizing Committee of FOSS4G 2021 announces the call for the design of its logo. We need your help building a strong and recognizable logo for the first international FOSS4G in Latin America, to be held in 2021 in the City of Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Participants can be individuals, groups of people or even a design company.
To participate you only need to send the design according to the bases and conditions. All the pieces used for the creation of the logo must have a license and open authorship. By submitting the design, the copyright is transferred to OSGeo to be used in various media. The organizing committee may add modifications to the design if they wish.
Those interested can send their designs until Wednesday, June 17, 2020. The chosen design will be published on social media the first week of July, 2020.
Terms and Conditions:
In what format should the design be sent?
The design must be sent in PNG and SVG formats. If you are not familiar with these formats, you can still participate in the competition, we can help you.
Where do I send the design?
- The design must be uploaded as an attachment to https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2021/Logo_Entries
- If for some reason it is not possible to upload the design, you can contact us through the mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
What requirements must the design meet?
- The design must include the FOSS4G ribbon found at https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/File:FOSS4G_ribbon.pdf. This requirement is exclusive.
- It must contain the text FOSS4G 2021 and Buenos Aires. This requirement is exclusive.
- Design fonts used must be open licensed. If the font is based on an image, it should also be open licence. This requirement is exclusive.
- Not be similar to logos from other geospatial conferences.
- Not be similar to the logos of potential sponsors or companies in the sector.
- The implementation in the design of objects and / or places that refer to Buenos Aires will be appreciated. For Example: obelisco, women's bridge, the metal flower, the planetarium, tango and others.
- The design will be used on the letterhead of the official stationery designed especially for the event.
- The design has to be able to be used on large posters and banners, as well as small self-adhesive stickers, t-shirts, bags and other items designed for the event.
- The design in its color version must be clearly seen on light and dark backgrounds (Example: white shirts and black shirts), it must not include gradients and the colors must be RGB.
- In addition to the polychromatic version in RGB colors, it must have a monochrome version in black and white.
- The design must be adapted to different proportions. For this, all variants must be presented in vector format at A4 size, or in raster format at 720 dpi resolution. This is for RGB versions and Black and White versions.