FOSS4G 2021/Logo Contest
The Local Organizing Committee of FOSS4G 2021 announces the call for the design of its logo. We need your help building a strong and recognizable logo for the first international FOSS4G in Latin America, to be held in 2021 in the City of Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Participants can be individuals, groups of people or even a design company.
To participate you only need to send the design according to the bases and conditions. All the pieces used for the creation of the logo must have a license and open authorship. By submitting the design, the copyright is transferred to OSGeo to be used in various media. The organizing committee may add modifications to the design if they wish.
Those interested can send their designs until Wednesday, June 17, 2020. The chosen design will be published on social media the first week of July, 2020.
Spanish version of this page on FOSS4G_2021/Concurso_logo.
Terms and Conditions:
In what format should the design be sent?
- The design must be sent in PNG and SVG formats. If you are not familiar with these formats, you can still participate in the competition, we can help you.
Where do I send the design?
- The design must be sent to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once received, we will confirm receipt and they will be uploaded at https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2021/Logo_Entries.
What requirements must the design meet?
- The design must include the FOSS4G ribbon found at https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/File:FOSS4G_ribbon.pdf. This requirement is exclusive.
- It must contain the text FOSS4G 2021 and Buenos Aires. This requirement is exclusive.
- Design fonts used must be open licensed. If the font is based on an image, it should also be open licence. This requirement is exclusive.
- Not be similar to logos from other geospatial conferences.
- Not be similar to the logos of potential sponsors or companies in the sector.
- The implementation in the design of objects and / or places that refer to Buenos Aires will be appreciated. For Example: obelisco, women's bridge, the metal flower, the planetarium, tango and others.
- The design will be used on the letterhead of the official stationery designed especially for the event.
- The design has to be able to be used on large posters and banners, as well as small self-adhesive stickers, t-shirts, bags and other items designed for the event.
- The design in its color version must be clearly seen on light and dark backgrounds (Example: white shirts and black shirts), it must not include gradients and the colors must be RGB.
- In addition to the polychromatic version in RGB colors, it must have a monochrome version in black and white.
- The design must be adapted to different proportions. For this, all variants must be presented in vector format at A4 size, or in raster format at 720 dpi resolution. This is for RGB versions and Black and White versions.
What should the design express?
- The design must be original and reflect the identity of the Event or the host city of the event (Buenos Aires).
- It will be appreciated that the design conveys a message of diversity, inclusion, geospatial concepts, free and open source geospatial tools potential, learning and education sense, community feeling, openness, integrity, global movement, among others.
- We seek to prevent design from expressing corporatism, big business, complexity, expensive, geek-only, gated community.
What does the winner receive?
- The name of the winner will be published on the official website of the event and a diploma of recognition will be given along with a complete set of all the items made for the event that will be delivered to the event (Ex: T-shirts, bags and others).
How is the winner chosen?
- The selection of the winning design will be made through a mixed committee made up of the community and an evaluation committee selected especially for the competition. The design will be displayed on the event's website and social networks so that the community can vote. The design with the most community votes receives a point of advantage over the rest of the designs. The final decision will be made by the committee based on community selection.
Where will the design be used?
- The winning design will be used as the image for the conference website, flyers, emails, sponsor communications, T-shirts, conference bags, conference merchandise. Printed materials at the conference, such as conference hours, notebooks, banners, and conference guide. Potentially small web-based button images for use on websites such as blogs, social media, third-party websites to promote the conference, and other websites.