Difference between revisions of "FOSS4G SotM Oceania 2020/Logo Contest"
|Line 11:||Line 11:|
There are several more examples on the global [https://foss4g.org/ FOSS4G website
There are several more examples on the global [https://foss4g.org/ FOSS4G website.
=== How to enter ===
=== How to enter ===
Revision as of 14:14, 12 December 2019
The FOSS4G SotM Oceania Organising Committee is pleased to announce a call for logo designs. We need your help to build a strong recognisable logo for FOSS4G SotM Oceania 2020 in Suva, Fiji.
We put together this Design Brief (borrowing from the SOTM) that outlines what we are looking for in a logo. Entrants could be an individual or team of people, even a design company.
By submitting a logo you will be assigning your copyright to OSGeo so that it can be used across different mediums. The organising committee may also commission improvements of the winning work. Entries need to appear on the wiki page FOSS4G SotM Oceania 2020/Logo Entries by Sunday 16 February 2020. The organising committee will decide by vote which logo to use.
There are several more examples on the global FOSS4G website.
How to enter
- Create your logo in PNG file format and a scalable file format (either SVG or PDF).
- If you're not used to scalable formats please still enter the competition as we can try to help.
- Make your logo available online, one option is to upload it to the OSGeo Wiki (upload link) or submit your entry to email@example.com.
- Add a link, or include your logo on the wiki page FOSS4G SotM Oceania 2020/Logo Entries (if you enter via email, we'll do this for you).
The winning entry will receive a conference registration and a conference bula shirt.
The conference website (url TBC), flyers, emails, sponsor communications, t-shirts and potentially other conference ‘swag’ like bags, keychains, pens etc. Printed material at the conference such as timetable of talks, notebooks, banners and conference guide. Potentially small web-based button images for use on third party websites to promote the conference or fact that someone is speaking there, for placement on blogs and other web pages.
The design MUST
- Include elements of the OSGeo / FOSS4G "ribbon" as can be seen in all previous FOSS4G conference logos File:FOSS4G ribbon.pdf
- Include themes for Fiji or Oceania
- Be easily printable on t-shirts with as few colours as possible (no more than 3). This keeps the cost of printing down.
- Work well on different coloured backgrounds (or have alternatives for light and dark backgrounds).
- Be delivered in PNG file format and a scalable format (SVG or PDF).
- Not be similar to other mapping conference logos (Where 2.0, ESRI, SOTM...)
- Not communicate the brand of potential sponsors or related companies
- Not include copyrighted material that is not yours
The design MAY
- Come in different sizes (example: a main logo and a variant for use on small print media such as badges).
The design should communicate
- Pacific culture
- Geospatial / mapping concepts
- The potential of free and open source geospatial tools
- A sense of learning and education
- A sense of community
- Global movement
The design should not communicate
- Corporate / big business (as the sole element)
- For geeks only
- Closed community
Please visit the Logo Entries to view the entries.