Face to Face Meeting Spring 2015
Board Face to Face Meeting
The Board initially planned to meet in person after FOSSGIS 2015 conference in Münster (website in German), i.e. from Saturday 14th to Sunday, 15th of March. However not all Board could attend, and the date is too close in time to get good prices for transportation.
A Doodle poll is open to decide a date in April/May, and the location will be next to an airport hub (e.g. London Heathrow).
Anne: See the parallel Skate-Boarding of Fedora at http://fedoramagazine.org/lets-talk-about-fedora-project-objectives/ - I really like the idea of having 18 months goals, that are measurable, backed up by community agreement. Let's discuss this at the first Sprint. There are also some thoughts on Ubuntu governance that can inspire us, but I haven't gone through the whole discussion yet, and there are many differences between OSGeo and Ubuntu; so I'm not sure on how much we can learn from it.
The organisers of FOSSGIS conference suggest these places:
- Coworking space pi28 (website in German) - price list on the website.
- List of hotels with conference facilities (city of Münster website, in German)
- Anne had already a look at Factory Hotel, which has 9 meeting rooms, including a small one.
Translated from FOSSGIS transportation & accommodation page.
As we haven't chosen the exact location yet, the suggeste public transport stops could change; however, general car and plane suggestions already apply.
The motorway A 43 ends just south of Münster and the A1 motorway provides the exits Münster Münster North and South. However, the available parking at the old castle in Münster is very limited at the time of the conference. It is therefore advisable to upgrade to the bus (tickets are expected to be provided free of charge for the duration of the conference) or to mingle with the people of Münster and cycling (Leeze) to go to the castle.
By public transport
The following stops are near the castle:
- "District Court" with the bus lines 11, 12, 13 and 22nd
- "Hüfferstiftung" with the bus lines 11, 12, 13, 22 and even the bus 14th
- "Neutor" with the bus lines 1 (or "Palace Square"), 5 to 6.
On Hauptabhnhof Münster is the bicycle rental station (website in German).
The local airport Münster-Osnabrück (FMO) is relatively small, but some companies may offer a convenient connecting flights.
Larger / alternative airports are:
- Dortmund (DTM, ~ 1 20 hours by train)
- Dusseldorf (DUS ~ 2: 15 hours on the train)
- Cologne / Bonn (CGN ~ 2: 30 hours on the train)
- Hannover (HAJ ~ 2.30 hours by train)
- Frankfurt (M) (FRA, ~ 3: 00 hours by train)
- Niederrhein (NRN Ryanair smaller airport, ~ 3: 30 hours on the train)