- 1 GeoEvenement 2007
- 1.1 Proposing Participation at an Event
- 1.2 Planning
- 1.3 After the Event
- Link to the guideline : http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Event_Management
- Booth owner : Yves Jacolin
Proposing Participation at an Event
What the event is
see http://www.ortech.fr/geo-evenement/index.php (Fr) for more information.
Geoevenement is the french geomatics tradeshows. If offers booth, thematics conferences and Birds of a feather. This years, more than 35 companies will get a booth whose 10 from opensource community ! Camptocamp, Waynasoft, Makine Corpus, ...
The conference thematics are:
- 1 million gps sent in France in 2006: what does it mean?
- From spatial data insfrastructure to geoportail: process and issues.
- How use GIS tools with modelisation and simulation tools?
- Geographic information handle by urbanism.
- To a new parcel referentiel?
- How does we can appropiate opensource technologies?
Where and when
The GeoEvenement tradeshow will take place in Paris, from 3th to 5th Arpril 2007
How will our participation help OSGeo
The main purpose of this event is to give informations about OSGeo's missions and project, and about futur francophone local chapter.
- About OSGeo:
- spreading the Open Source message in general
- publicizing OsGeo projects
- explains OSGeo missions,
- About francophone local chapter:
- information about the local chapter creation, where we are in the creation process, what we need to do next, which help we need, ...
- meet people interesting in contributing in a BoF,
We estimate the budget of the booth between 1500 and 2000$, depending on the budget asked by the Open Source village organizer.
What we need:
- paying booth fees
- brochure about OSGeo
- brochure about projects
- poster (?)
- T-shirt (?)
- Information about OSGeo structure and organisation (to be writing in the francophone local chapter wiki)
This part will be fill as soon as sponsorship will be accepted by Viscom. The OSGeo booth will take place in the opensource village which will gather more than 7 french opensource companies.
Find other volunteers to help out
- Yves Jacolin
- Marie Silvestre
- Henrie Halbout
- Thomas Gratier
- Vincent Picavet
- François Van der Biest
More information will come later
What opportunities for speakers are available
We plan to do:
- conference: the 5th of april, in the morning
- panels and booth in the opensource village.
- bof: the 4th of april, 14h00 in the GéoBar
BOF/interest group session
- bof will take place the 4th of april at 14h00 in the GeoBar.
- topic: more information will come later
After the Event
to be filled