The mission of the education committee is to inventory, organize and coordinate the development of educational and curriculum material that supports OSGeo-related education. The intent is to provide Appropriately Licensed Material that is accessible by a broad audience including academia, professionals, and the general public. Material supported through this project should directly or indirectly build and strengthen the open source geospatial user and developer communities. This can be accomplished by integrating the use of FOSS4G tools in curricula that teach geospatial concepts and applications as well as the creating curricula to teach skills necessary for people to actively participate in FOSS4G and free geospatial data projects. The committee also seeks cooperation with academic research projects to promote the use of FOSS4G in research projects, to get FOSS4G used as a platform for research, and to present FOSS4G as a research subject.
- Education Contributors - Provides a list of contributors or interested individuals. Add your name!
- Education committee liaisons to local chapters - Provides a list of people who help the education group work more closely with OSGeo local chapters.
- Educational Content Inventory - Please add information on what you'd like to contribute.
- Commitments for New Material Development - Please add information on new material that you can help develop.
- Education Committee Work Program - our current list of todos.
- Our mailing list
- IRC chat log, Sep 9 2006
- FOSS4G2006 minutes (Sept. 2006)
- EduCom Meeting 1 March 2007
- FOSS4G2007_Education_BOF_minutes (Sept. 2007)
- FOSS4G2009_Education_BOF_minutes (Oct. 2009) MOST RECENT!
Formal members of this committee are as follows, however anyone is welcome to participate regardless of status. Please add yourself to the Education Contributors page and join the mailing to get involved.
- Puneet Kishor
- Ari Jolma
- Markus Neteler
- Venkatesh Raghavan
- Charlie Schweik (Chair)
- Pericles Nacionales
- Ned Horning (Co-chair)
- Helena Mitasova
- David Percy
- Ian Turton
- Maria Brovelli
Other Edu Group information of possible interest
- Puneet's Visit to Brazil (May 2007)
Bachelor's Degree in Mental Retardation Offered by the National Institute for the Mentally Handicapped (NIMH), Manovikas Nagar, Secundarabad 500009 affiliated to Osmania University, Hyderabad. Duration of the course is 3 years and minimum eligibility is 10+2 with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks (40% for SC/ST). More..