- 1 Géoévénement 2008
- 1.1 Proposing Participation at an Event
- 1.2 Planning
- 1.3 After the Event
- Link to the guideline: Event_Management
- Booth owner: Yves Jacolin
Proposing Participation at an Event
What the event is
see http://www.ortech.fr/geo-evenement/index.php (Fr) for more information.
Geoevenement is the french geomatics tradeshows. If offers booth, thematics conferences and Birds of a feather. This years, more than 35 companies will get a booth whose 10 from opensource community !
The conference thematics are:
Where and when
The GeoEvenement tradeshow will take place in Paris, from 8th to 10th Arpril 2008
How will our participation helps OSGeo
The main purpose of this event is to give informations about OSGeo's missions and project, and about future francophone local chapter.
- About OSGeo:
- spread the Open Source message in general
- promote OsGeo projects
- explain OSGeo missions,
- About francophone local chapter:
- information about the local chapter creation, where we are in the creation process, what we need to do next, what kind of help we need, ...
- meet people interesting in contributing in a BoF,
We estimate the budget of the booth between 1500 and 2000$, depending on the budget asked by the Open Source village organizer.
What we need:
- brochure about OSGeo -> ready
- brochure about projects
- poster -> ready
- T-shirt -> need some more
The OSGeo booth will take place in the opensource village which will gather more than 10 french opensource companies.
Find other volunteers to help out
- Yves Jacolin
What opportunities for speakers are available
We plan to do:
- Open Source Village will propose some conference, two will be about OSGeo (fondation and LC for the firts, and Projects for the second)
- panels and booth in the opensource village.
- bof: the XXh of april at YYh00 in ZZZ.
BOF/interest group session
- bof will take place the XXh of april at YYh00 in ZZZ.
After the Event
OSGeo was present at the Géoévénement tradeshow with a booth inside an Open Source Village. A "big poster" was created as well as some brochure in french to present OSGeo Fundation and a short description for each project. The booth was in a great place (close to the main entry).
Conferences on Open Source thematic were a great success. People asked a lot of questions as we could see it at the booth: OSGeo presentation - organisation, incubation process, funding, ...- projects presentation - comparations, demonstration, ...
Conferences were :