- 1 Géoévénement 2008
- 1.1 Proposing Participation at an Event
- 1.2 Planning
- 1.3 After the Event
- Link to the guideline: Event_Management
- Booth owner: Yves Jacolin
Proposing Participation at an Event
What the event is
see http://www.ortech.fr/geo-evenement/index.php (Fr) for more information.
Geoevenement is the french geomatics tradeshows. If offers booth, thematics conferences and Birds of a feather. This years, more than 35 companies will get a booth whose 10 from opensource community !
The conference thematics are:
- map server
- Desktop GIS
- free data
- OGC standards
- GIS and CRM
- Network and GIS
Where and when
The GeoEvenement tradeshow will take place in Paris, from 8th to 10th Arpril 2008
How will our participation helps OSGeo
The main purpose of this event is to give informations about OSGeo's missions and project, and about Francophone Local Chapter.
- About OSGeo:
- spread the Open Source message in general
- promote OSGeo projects
- explain OSGeo missions,
- About Francophone Local Chapter:
- information about the local chapter, what kind of help we need, ...
- meet people interesting in contributing,
We estimate the budget of the booth between 1 500 and 2 000 €, depending on the budget asked by the Open Source village organizer.
What we need:
- brochure about OSGeo -> ready
- brochure about projects
- poster -> ready
- T-shirt -> need some more
- USB key with brochure
The OSGeo booth will take place in the opensource village which will gather more than 10 french opensource companies.
Find other volunteers to help out
- Yves Jacolin (YJA)
- Gwenael Bachelot (GwB)
- Marie Silvestre (MSI)
- Hervé Halbout (HHA)
- Daniel Morissette (DMo)
- Thierry Badard (TBa)
- Francois Van Der Biest (VDB)
- Vincent Picavet (Vpi)
|Tuesday 8||Wednesday 9||Thursday 10|
|AM||GwB, (DMo), Vpi||(MSI), (GwB), TBa||MSI, (TBa)|
|PM||GwB, HHA||YJA, DMo, (VDB)||YJA, Vpi|
What opportunities for speakers are available
We plan to do:
- Open Source Village will propose some conferences, one will be about OSGeo (Francophone OSGeo community)
- panels and booth in the opensource village.
- interview of three contributors (Daneil Morissette, Thierry Badard, Gwenael Bachelot, Yves jacolin)
- OSGeo Dinner
BOF/interest group session
Not a true BOF, just a good dinner :
- bof will take place the 8h of april at 19h00 in a good restaurant.
- topic: all and more !
After the Event
OSGeo was present at the Géoévénement tradeshow with a booth inside an Open Source Village. A "big poster" was created as well as some brochure in french to present OSGeo Fundation and a short description for each project. The booth was in a great place (close to the main entry).
Conferences on Open Source thematic were a great success. People asked a lot of questions as we could see it at the booth: OSGeo presentation - organisation, incubation process, funding, ...- projects presentation - comparations, demonstration, ...
Conferences were : Inside the tradeshow :
- OGC standards : from webmapping to WebGIS application, standard description and example. Yves Jacolin, HBS-Research.
- WPS : Guillaume sueur, neogeo-online
- Que nous réserve la géomatique libre en 2008 ? : Nicoles Klein, OSGeo-fr
- Spatial Data Integrator / ETL spatial Open Source : François Prunayre, Camptocamp
Inside the Open source Vilage:
- 8th Tuesday
- Introduction and presentation of the OSGeo-fr community, Yves Jacolin, OSGeo-fr
- free (liberty) world vs free (no cost) world, Makina Corpus
- Free licence, Makina Corpus
- Open source GIS/Closed source GIS, Makina Corpus
- Rueil Malmaison mapping city, Geosignal
- free webmapping, google maps and webservice, Makina Corpus
- geoportail and FOSS, Makina Corpus
- GIS and Electronic Managing system, ATOL CD
- OpenStreetMap and Open Geodata, François Van Der Biest, Camptocamp
- 9th wednesday
- webGIS 2.0, Eric Lemoine, Camptocamp
- RestFul Architecture, Eric Lemoine, Camptocamp
- OpenLayers : roadmap, Eric Lemoine, Camptocamp
- OpenLayers, Mapfish symbiosis, Eric Lemoine, Camptocamp
- Presentation of GAS for mapfish and CartoWeb systems, Eric Lemoine, Camptocamp
- Installation and use of Mapguide OS, Gwenael Bachelot, Autodesk
- Build an aplication with MapGuide OS, Gwenael Bachelot, Autodesk
- Mozilla as a dev. plateform, René Luc D'Hont, 3Liz
- Geospatial Business Intelligence - another way to design geostatistic applications over the web, Thierry Badard (GeoSOA / Université Laval) & Jean François Mony (Camptocamp)
- MapJax, GeoLabs
- 10th Thursday
- Presentation of OrbisGIS, Erwan Bocher
- GeoNetwork and Geosource convergence, François-Xavier Prunayre, Camptocamp
- GeoNetwork: evolution and roadmap, François-Xavier Prunayre, Camptocamp
- POTIMART: open source GIS transport, RCS, Dryade, Camptocamp
- SYNTHESE: inforamtion for passengers in network, Hugues Romain, RCS
- Webservice secure, Emmanuel Belo, Camptocamp
- OGC and ISO standards in PostGis, Olivier courtin, Camptocamp
- 3D manipulation and stockage in PostGIS, Olivier courtin, Camptocamp
- FDO: abstraction layer for managing data, Gwenael Bachelot, Autodesk
- EPF Nord Pas De Calais, PPIGE project, Jenan-Mac Gasperi et Béatrice Grelaud, Geosignal
Expenses & Funding
|Booth||Free||Thanks to Virginie Jourdan (Camptocamp) negociations with event organizer|
|Booth others (Electricity, Internet, ...)||684 Euros with VAT||Autodesk|
|250 x 1Gb USB Key (with OSGeo tag)||2031 Euros with VAT||Autodesk|
|30 x OSGeo black polos||286 Euros with VAT||Autodesk|
|Sample brochures Printing||Free||Autodesk (internal printers)|
Media talk about it
Next booth should more professionel: hide electric and network cables, create a visual image more logic for OSGeo (black and green). More brochures and demo on Laptop + USB key.