Geospatial World Forum
To get an idea of the GWF please read the Conference Report of GWF 2011 in Hyderabad, India by Ravi.
Geospatial World Forum 2012
Geospatial Media and Communications (formerly GIS Development) has taken the initiaitve to organise Geospatial World Forum in Amsterdam in the year 2012.
Geospatial World Forum is a platform of convergence for all stakeholders of global geospatial community, policy makers and end users of geospatial information. Geospatial World Forum is a confluence of a variety of activities in the form of plenary, symposia, seminars, workshops, panel discussions, exchange forums- covering the vast gamut of technology, application, policy, use cases from the region and from across the world. The Forum will also host a number of additional events in parallel by its partners like board meetings, executive meetings, user meetings, partner/reseller meetings and so on.
Open Source Track
In 2012 OSGeo partners with Geospatial Media and Communications to organize the Open Source track.
The Open Source track will give an insight to the legal, technical and business perspectives of Open Source in the geospatial domain. It will highlight the role of the OSGeo Foundation with respect to highest quality software and security of investment into Open Source. In the technical talks industry representatives will present off-the-shelf Open Source solutions ready to use in any environment. Geospatial practitioners will present their use cases with best-of-breed Open Source software and show how to maximize return on investment.
Initial contact with GWF was through Arnulf.
From the GWF organisation Akanksha Tyagi, a.k.a. Aki is responsible for organizing the Open Source track. Primary contact within OSGeo.nl is Just van den Broecke. Just will coordinate with Aki and OSGeo.
The Open Source Track runs from 14:00-18:00 (A'dam time) and has 4 main consecutive subjects:
- Keynote (20 min)
- Track 1: Recent developments, in-depth tech sessions (4x15 min)
- Track 2: Examples, business cases (5x15min)
- Panel discussion (45 min)
So basically we (Aki in cooperation with OSGeo.nl) have to "fill the slots".
Below we gather ideas for subjects and speakers to invite.
1) Keynote: preferably Arnulf or someone from OSGeo.org unconfirmed
2) Track 1: Recent developments, in-depth tech sessions (4x15 min)
- GeoNetwork/Bridge (as Jeroen will not be in MapWindow Conf, Velp) unconfirmed
- SVG (Barend K.) unconfirmed
- Web Mapping Clients
- Something with Mobile
- INSPIRE development with FOSS
- OpenStreetMap NL ...dealing with Dutch Open Data
2) Track 2: Examples, business cases (5x15min)
- Marc Vloemans on doing business with FOSS for Geo unconfirmed
- Need someone on PDOK (Dutch National SDI) for sure
- Thijs van Menen indicates he can talk on GeoServices within RWS (Dutch Ministry of Transport) unconfirmed
- other cases from NL (provincies?, waterschapshuis?, Sovon ?)
- March 1, list of speakers confirmed