- 1 GeoTunis 2007
- 1.1 Proposing Participation at an Event
- 1.2 Planning
- 1.3 After the Event
- Link to the guideline : http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Event_Management
- Booth owner : TBD
- French version of this document : Geotunis_2007_fr
We have pleasure in inviting you to the international conference GéoTunis 2007, during the 15th, 16th and the 17th of November 2007 in the Tunis science city. In addition to the encouragement to the digital solidarity, this event will ameliorate the scientific and technological exchanges between the different members in the domains of the digital geography, the E-administration and lows concerning those domains. “The geomatics from a long lasting development tool to a means for the electronic administration.” Many agents will participate to this conference; specialists, scientific firms and national and international associations and organisms. In addition to that, the technological achievements, done by the big firms acting in the domain, will be presented. We look to a good number of you in our conference.
Proposing Participation at an Event
Where and when
The GeoTunis tradeshow will take place in Tunis, from 15th to 17th november 2007
How will our participation helps OSGeo
The main purpose of this event is to give informations about OSGeo's missions and project, and about future francophone local chapter. Furthermore, it will be the moment to keep contact with local people and inform them about the Francophone Local Chater.
- About OSGeo:
- spread the Open Source message in general;
- promote OsGeo projects;
- explain OSGeo missions.
- About francophone local chapter:
- have some contact in North Africa, build a social network;
- information about the local chapter creation, where we are in the creation process, what we need to do next, what kind of help we need, ...
- meet people interesting in contributing in a BoF,
We estimate the budget of the booth about 2000$, depending on the budget asked by the Open Source village organizer and other funding.
What we need:
- paying booth fees
- brochure about OSGeo
- brochure about projects
- Information about OSGeo structure and organisation (to be writing in the francophone local chapter wiki)
- Booth : 1 800 €
- Expenses linked to booth (power, cleaning, ...): unknow may be included in the booth fund
- Defray travel costs: 500 € (300 € transport + 100 € hotel, optional but useful)
- Printing of 600 flyers: unknown (optional)
- CD to burn liveCD to share on the booth
- Total: 2 300 € + 130 € pour 200 CD + 360 € (5 000 ex., R/V couleur Exemple de prix)
- Total all options: 3 000 €
- Ubifrance : 1 500 €
- OSGeo : 1 500 € (2 100 $, with 0.73 euro/$)
- Total crédit : 3 000 €
This part will be fill as soon as sponsorship will be accepted by Viscom. The OSGeo booth will take place in the opensource village which will gather more than 4 french opensource companies.
Find other volunteers to help out
What opportunities for speakers are available
We plan to do:
- panels and booth in the opensource village.
- Open Source Village will propose some conference <<<< to be completed