Google Code In 2019 Application
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Application is due 28 October 2019 (exact time)
- Short description (200 character limit) OSGeo is a non-profit organization serving as an umbrella organization for the Open Source Geospatial community.
- Long description (1500 character limit - using "limited markdown" syntax)
OSGeo is a non-profit organization serving as an umbrella organization for the Open Source Geospatial community in general and several code projects in particular: ## Content Management Systems GeoNode ## Desktop Applications GRASS GIS gvSIG Marble QGIS ## Geospatial Libraries FDO GDAL/OGR GEOS GeoTools Orfeo ToolBox (OTB) OSSIM PostGIS ## Metadata Catalogs GeoNetwork pycsw ## Web Mapping deegree geomajas GeoMOOSE GeoServer Mapbender MapFish MapGuide Open Source MapServer OpenLayers PyWPS ## Incubating Projects istSOS MetaCRS Opticks Oskari Team Engine ZOO-Project ## Outreach Projects GeoForAll - Education and Curriculum OSGeo-Live ## OSGeo Community Projects Geoinformatica GeoWebCache MapProxy pgRouting Portable GIS Postal Address Geo-Coder Proj4php Pronto Raster Virtual Terrain Project We host regional and international FOSS4G conferences with typical attendance of 500-1200+ geospatial developers, industry and government leaders, and researchers. Our mailing lists collectively go out to ~ 31.050 unique subscribers.
- Tags (enter 5 only - A few keywords to help students find your organization. Examples: Machine Learning, Video, Kernel, Games, Natural Language, Graphics. Do not include programming languages and technologies or your organization's name) geospatial, maps, cartography, gis, application
- Primary Open Source License MIT License (MIT)
- Chat (Link to a web page that describes how to access your realtime chat) https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/IRC
- Mailing list (Link to a page describing how to join your organization's mailing list) https://www.osgeo.org/community/communications/
- Contact email (A general purpose contact email for your organization) gci-admin at osgeo.org
- Twitter URL https://twitter.com/osgeo
- Blog URL http://planet.osgeo.org/
- Extra task information (250 character limit - Short instructions or tips to be displayed with every task. May include limited Markdown. Example: See http://link for information on how to checkout, build, and run the code. Don't forget to join the IRC channel to ask mentors questions) Don't forget to join the #osgeo-gci IRC channel to ask mentors questions, on freenode.net (connect directly in your browser through https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=osgeo-gci).
- Common task information link (A URL for a web page that will be linked to from every task as "Working with OSGeo") https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Code_In_2018#Communication
[Back to Google Code In 2018 @ OSGeo]