Google Summer of Code 2009 Administrative
- Back to main Google Summer of Code wiki page.
Central page for administering OSGeo participation in Google Summer of Code 2009.
- Wolf Bergenheim will act as Administrative contact, with support from Landon Blake and Hamish Bowman
- FAQ on the program is at: http://code.google.com/opensource/gsoc/2009/faqs.html
- There is also a Google Wiki page about the program: http://code.google.com/p/google-summer-of-code/wiki/WikiStart
- Last years GSoC submission: http://code.google.com/soc/2008/osgeo/about.html
- Last years GSoC page: Google Summer of Code 2008
- Mentoring HOWTO: http://primates.ximian.com/~federico/docs/summer-of-code-mentoring-howto/index.html
- Advice for Mentors from the Google Wiki: http://code.google.com/p/google-summer-of-code/wiki/AdviceforMentors
- The Google Summer of Code 2009 site
- There is an OSGeo SoC flyer to look at and post in appropriate places - Marketing Committee is working on a 2009 version.
- March 9th - 13th: Project applications will be accepted:
- March 12th Our application needs to be ready.
- March 18th: List of accepted mentoring organizations published on the Google Summer of Code 2009 site.
- If we are accepted we should start talking to students immediately after!
- Student applications will be accepted from March 23 - April 3, 2009.
- OSGeo Google SoC Application 2009 - Needs completion once the application opens.
- SoC Application Rankings by Project
- The "Student Landing Page" is Google Summer of Code Ideas 2009.
How to register as a mentor
- Add your name, and google account information to the mentor list in the Wiki (or get your project leader to do that for you)
- Subscribe to the OSGeo SoC mailinglist and introduce yourself!
- TODO*: Add more information as it becomes available
Each accepted Soc Project should be listed here, and the page should be updated with information about the progress of the project.