Google Summer of Code 2009 Administrative
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Back to main Google Summer of Code wiki page.
Central page for administering OSGeo participation in Google Summer of Code 2009.
- Wolf Bergenheim will act as Administrative contact, with support from Landon Blake and Hamish Bowman
- FAQ on the program is at: http://code.google.com/opensource/gsoc/2009/faqs.html
- There is also a Google Wiki page about the program: http://code.google.com/p/google-summer-of-code/wiki/WikiStart
- Last years GSoC submission: http://code.google.com/soc/2008/osgeo/about.html
- Last years GSoC page: Google Summer of Code 2008
- Mentoring HOWTO: http://primates.ximian.com/~federico/docs/summer-of-code-mentoring-howto/index.html
- Advice for Mentors from the Google Wiki: http://code.google.com/p/google-summer-of-code/wiki/AdviceforMentors
- The Google Summer of Code 2009 site
- There is an OSGeo SoC flyer to look at and post in appropriate places - Marketing Committee is working on a 2009 version.
- March 9th - 13th: Project applications will be accepted:
- March 12th Our application needs to be ready.
- March 18th: List of accepted mentoring organizations published on the Google Summer of Code 2009 site.
- If we are accepted we should start talking to students immediately after!
- Student applications will be accepted from March 23 - April 3, 2009.
- OSGeo Google SoC Application 2009
- SoC Application Rankings by Project
- The "Student Landing Page" is Google Summer of Code 2009 Ideas.
- The OSGeo home at melange is http://socghop.appspot.com/org/home/google/gsoc2009/osgeo
How to register as a mentor
- Register yourself at the Melange site
- Subscribe to the OSGeo SoC mailinglist and introduce yourself, remember to give your Melange Link ID so that the admins can more easily find your mentor application, and accept you quicker
- Apply to become a mentor
Each accepted Soc Project should be listed here, and the page should be updated with information about the progress of the project.