Google Summer of Code 2009 Administrative
- Back to main Google Summer of Code wiki page.
Central page for administering OSGeo participation in Google Summer of Code 2009.
- Wolf Bergenheim will act as Administrative contact, with support from Landon Blake and Hamish Bowman
- FAQ on the program is at: http://code.google.com/opensource/gsoc/2009/faqs.html
- There is also a Google Wiki page about the program: http://code.google.com/p/google-summer-of-code/wiki/WikiStart
- Last years GSoC submission: http://code.google.com/soc/2008/osgeo/about.html
- Last years GSoC page: Google Summer of Code 2008
- Mentoring HOWTO: http://primates.ximian.com/~federico/docs/summer-of-code-mentoring-howto/index.html
- Advice for Mentors from the Google Wiki: http://code.google.com/p/google-summer-of-code/wiki/AdviceforMentors
- The Google Summer of Code 2009 site
- There is an OSGeo SoC flyer to look at and post in appropriate places - Marketing Committee is working on a 2009 version.
- [✓] March 9th - 13th: Project applications will be accepted:
- [✓] March 12th Our application needs to be ready.
- [✓] March 18th: List of accepted mentoring organizations published on the Google Summer of Code 2009 site.
- [✓] We are accepted - so we should start talking to students immediately after!
- [✓] Student applications accepted from March 23 - April 3, 2009.
- April 15: All mentors must be signed up and all student proposals matched with a mentor
- April 20: Accepted student proposals announced on the Google Summer of Code 2009 site
- May 23: Students begin coding for their GSoC projects
- OSGeo Google SoC Application 2009
- SoC Application Rankings by Project
- The "Student Landing Page" is Google Summer of Code 2009 Ideas.
- The OSGeo home at melange is http://socghop.appspot.com/org/home/google/gsoc2009/osgeo
How to register as a mentor
Please apply to become a mentor today! After you have applied you will get an invitation notification in the melange system. You need to accept the invitation, and fill in the form to become a registered mentor. In details:
- Register yourself at the Melange site
- Subscribe to the OSGeo SoC mailinglist. Introdce yourself and give this info:
- Melange Link ID
- Project you want to/can mentor for
- Area(s) of interest
- Feel free to tell more about yourself
- Apply to become a mentor
- Accept the invitation that you receive, and fill in your Mentor information
- Go read and comment on student applications
Each accepted Soc Project should be listed here, and the page should be updated with information about the progress of the project.
The list of proposals can be found here: Google Summer of Code 2009 Ranking